Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access for the deaf, Internet matters getting worse

Jenny105
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 702 Posts
  • 122 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

Following Martin Lewis' savings ideas  Saga and UDL were possibles.

• UDL savings account was by App only.   Nothing else.
  • Saga  Smartphone, theres no option for landline

If Saga wishes to phone me they could have difficulty in being understood. Numbers are tricky for

part hearing people. head_bandage

More info
Smartphone numbers are becoming increasingly mandatory

Has anyone else found this? hear_no_evil 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Martin-O2
Former Staff
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hey @Jenny105 I definitely think that smart phones are on the way to becoming essential for day to day life. I think it's a mix of convenience for the majority and cost and time saving for businesses and services. 

It's potentially going to cause issues for those who don't or cant use a smart phone in the future. 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 2 of 3

Jenny105
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 702 Posts
  • 122 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

@Martin-O2 wrote:

Hey @Jenny105 I definitely think that smart phones are on the way to becoming essential for day to day life. I think it's a mix of convenience for the majority and cost and time saving for businesses and services. 

It's potentially going to cause issues for those who don't or cant use a smart phone in the future. 

I am sure that is the case .

But according to the Disability Rights Bill  and Equality Act people with disablements should have equal rights and means . There are people , quite a few known to me alone who cannot use a SMARTPHONE.  So I/ they should be able to access those savings accounts and other things . Even if they cant have a smartphone. The deaf , cochlearised, disabled hands, etc

Or dont you agree.  Im trying to write to Martin Lewis savings guru, but cant find the means.

Message 3 of 3