Did you mean: 

Windows 10 - Upgrade your life

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions
Hey guys,

Me and Brad have made our way to sunny-ish London today to attend Microsofts “Windows 10 Launch Event”, hoping to get the inside scoop on all things Windows 10. For those of you running Windows 7 or 8 on your laptop or desktop computer, remember that from today you can get a free upgrade to Windows 10. This will last for a full year, after which time you’ll need to pay for the upgrade. If Windows 10 on your computer interests you, check this link out: http://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows/windows-10-upgrade

Don’t forget though that Windows 10 will also be coming to Windows Phone and it will help unify your devices and make life easier and more streamlined. The upgrades for this will be reaching current Lumias end of the year and who knows, maybe tonight there could be new Windows 10 devices announced.

We'll keep you updated as the evening unfolds

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 1 of 48
47 REPLIES 47

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Are there any features that you are liking yet on Windows 10 @Anonymous?

How are the family finding it?

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 41 of 48

Anonymous
Not applicable
To be honest @Toby I've not used it much except to keep tweaking settings that I don't like.
The little one is quite happy with it though she's very placid and doesn't complain about much
The eldest one won't even upgrade she's got win 8.1 with a shell programme to get a start menu
Hubby is converting over but we are having major issues with his templates for his bills and being self employed he needs this to work
So over all we aren't impressed but we aren't gamers and I think that where the biggest changes are and the Xbox linking.
Message 42 of 48

gindygoo
Level 25: Hard Hitter
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions
I've rolled back to win 7... Didn't like win 10 tbh... Live sites like eBay were just really glitchy it didn't like my VPN and kept disabling it! And to boot, using Netflix was a complete mare, lip sync way off even though it was buffered, off HD.. All the usual fixes did zip, Nada, zilch...

Quite relieved to see my old win 7 and everything is where I left it!
Message 43 of 48

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions
I have an educational license for it. Still to install it outside virtualbox though.
Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Message 44 of 48

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@gindygoo wrote:
I've rolled back to win 7... Didn't like win 10 tbh... Live sites like eBay were just really glitchy it didn't like my VPN and kept disabling it! And to boot, using Netflix was a complete mare, lip sync way off even though it was buffered, off HD.. All the usual fixes did zip, Nada, zilch...

Quite relieved to see my old win 7 and everything is where I left it!

Same for me Mexican Wave

Message 45 of 48

anticpated
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions

Well I did and here are my main gripes, some USB ports are not properly installed. What I mean there's seems to be an infinite loop of them being registered and off again. My Blu-Ray Writer is not correctly identified and seems to be not connected to the windows interface in anyway. It's visible yet not functional.

I installed from USB thumb drive to save me using a dual-layer disc. Some features are fantasticaly fast and love the fact you don't have a seperate page for apps now which I don't use but Maps is pretty useful.

I managed to install the emu sound driver using the Windows 7 Beta driver and using 48KHz as the default sample rate. 

Message 46 of 48

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
My laptop is about 30% quieter now thanks to some sound setting somewhere, now tv app fails every time, touch pad lags and has that crappy palm block nonsense on,
Message 47 of 48

anticpated
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions

I just got a DVD to play in VLC media player. The time to actually to start it is a lot slower than say windows 7 which is kind of ironic because everything performs well enough. 

Another thing because my Blu-Ray is using a SATA mode it is using a SATA bridge to interface for the drive and is seen as an external device by Windows. Really what is happening Microshaft....

I have no confidence in using this POS yet.

Fear

Message 48 of 48