Did you mean: 

Update on the O2 Webmail closure

Martin-O2
Former Staff
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hi guys, 

As most of you are aware the O2 webmail service will be closing on the 20th June 2016. Several recent email's from O2 have stated that your email account will be closing on different dates. These dates were incorrect and I can confirm that your email account will definitely be closing on the 20th June 2016. Sorry for the mix up with the closure dates. 

There’s still time to transfer your contacts and email addresses, and attachments to Gmail and Outlook accounts (Hotmail). Just make sure you move them before your o2.co.uk email account closes on 20th June. Unfortunately, we can’t transfer them to Yahoo! Mail, so you’ll need to set up an email account with someone else like Gmail, Outlook (Hotmail), or another email account of your choice. Likewise, if you use your o2.co.uk email address as your login for any online services like banking or shopping, you'll need to update those too in case of any password resets. 

If anyone has any questions please ask. 

Martin 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 75
74 REPLIES 74

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, I was wondering whether I explained it properly or made it more confusing Smiley LOL

I had over 2000 emails stored but it doesn't take long once you know the steps. You don't even have to delete and redo the transfer process, just go into options and click save again and it will transfer them.

Thanks!

Message 41 of 75

Anonymous
Not applicable

Btw how do you quote a message on here? 

Message 42 of 75

Cleoriff
  • 122905 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

When you hit the reply button you will see quote at the top right hand corner....you use that to quote the post you are replying to

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 43 of 75

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122905 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

Like this

quote O2.JPG

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 44 of 75

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous,

These posts are great! A very easy-to-use guide indeed. If you'd like, feel free to create a guide of all of these posts and we can make sure its seen by anyone who would need it in the next few weeks slight_smile

Well done!

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 45 of 75

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

Of course, if people would only use an email client on their device rather than rely on access via a browser to a webmail server then they wouldn't need to go through all of this.

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 46 of 75

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

That's a fair point @Beenherebefore and hopefully members are slowly converting if they have not. At least now we have a great few information posts slight_smile

Get involved:

Message 47 of 75

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

When you hit the reply button you will see quote at the top right hand corner....you use that to quote the post you are replying to

Oh I see Fantastic Thanks!

Message 48 of 75

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Toby wrote:

Hi @Anonymous,

These posts are great! A very easy-to-use guide indeed. If you'd like, feel free to create a guide of all of these posts and we can make sure its seen by anyone who would need it in the next few weeks slight_smile

Well done!

Thanks Toby slight_smile

Sadly it's just a few days more before closure; 6days I make it, unless I got the math wrong! Confused

Message 49 of 75

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Yep, not long!

If you (or anyone else) sees a member in need of advice, do point them here, as it looks to be really helpful indeed slight_smile

Get involved:

Message 50 of 75