Did you mean: 

Update on the O2 Webmail closure

Martin-O2
Former Staff
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hi guys, 

As most of you are aware the O2 webmail service will be closing on the 20th June 2016. Several recent email's from O2 have stated that your email account will be closing on different dates. These dates were incorrect and I can confirm that your email account will definitely be closing on the 20th June 2016. Sorry for the mix up with the closure dates. 

There’s still time to transfer your contacts and email addresses, and attachments to Gmail and Outlook accounts (Hotmail). Just make sure you move them before your o2.co.uk email account closes on 20th June. Unfortunately, we can’t transfer them to Yahoo! Mail, so you’ll need to set up an email account with someone else like Gmail, Outlook (Hotmail), or another email account of your choice. Likewise, if you use your o2.co.uk email address as your login for any online services like banking or shopping, you'll need to update those too in case of any password resets. 

If anyone has any questions please ask. 

Martin 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 75
74 REPLIES 74

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

It's good to know someone has successfully resolved this problem which will obviously affect so many people this coming week. Luckily when I transferred to Gmail I only had around 50 emails stored and I simply forwarded them all and made a new folder in Gmail. Those using o2 web mail for many years will obviously struggle doing it that way so it's good to have a thread we can point them to @Anonymous slight_smile

Message 51 of 75

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I am really worried reading this re webmail closure. I've used my email address *********@o2.co.uk for years. Started when its was o2 and then the webmail was moved to SKY. I was even using this morning. Now I can't find the link to open my emails up.You would go to the My o2 tab once you had logged in and then clicked on webmail and it took you to your emails and now its not there. How do I get onto them now? Was searching thru o2 looking for help and have just read this post and you are saying it was closed on the 20th June!?!?. I have had no email warning me of this and telling me to get a new email address and transferring my contacts. I wouldn't even know how to do this. Are you now saying that I have lost all my emails and can't access them anymore?? Please help me.

Message 52 of 75

Cleoriff
  • 122359 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous If you didn't transfer your emails, then yes sadly it appears to be the case that you have lost them. The closure of O2 email has been 'on notice' for at least 4 years. I know you migrated to Sky so you would have kept it for a while...but even so it was never going to last for ever. Enough notice has been given about this. Your only hope now is to contact customer services http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 53 of 75

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Discussions-Feedback/O2-Webmail/m-p/929964#M75480

Oh look !!!.......another one from 2015 who didn't know LOLLOLLOL

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 54 of 75

jonsie
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

MI5
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Surprisingly few so far.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 56 of 75

browni
Level 21: Regular
  • 2241 Posts
  • 35 Topics
  • 10 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Surprisingly few so far.

Probaby because it's still active!

The floodgates will open when they finally switch it off.

#siwy
Message 57 of 75

Anonymous
Not applicable

First I have heard of this as I access my o2.co.uk email through outlook rather than webmail. Will that email address stop working alltogether soon or is it just the webmail interface that is being removed? Assuming it will still carry on working as I have had no communication from sky or o2 about it changing.

Message 58 of 75

MI5
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
No, everything will stop working.
You need to move to a new email account completely.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 59 of 75

Cleoriff
  • 122359 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

What I find more worrying is the customers who are coming here to say it's the first they have heard of the closure. I know about it (from this forum though) and haven't even got O2 webmail. So knowing O2 have had communication issues in the past ...it really does make you wonder...?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 60 of 75