Try the Tech: New Phase! (3.11.2014)

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

TTT_1.png

Hi everyone,

We are ready to start a new phase with Try the Tech. Thanks all who took part in the previous one and posted your reviews.

If you're not yet aware of what Try the Tech is about: it's a good way to get to know a device or operating system that you might not have used before, before making a purchase decision. You'll get to try your hand at reviewing a device as well. Please check here for the T&Cs and a more detailed programme description.

The devices we have available for this phase are listed below. We have a newcomer on the list this time: the Amazon Fire. slight_smile

Devices:

SAMSUNG GALAXY S4 MINI

SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE3 

SONY Z1  

NOKIA 1020

NOKIA 1020

SONY XPERIA Z ULTRA

SONY XPERIA Z ULTRA

SAMSUNG GALAXY TAB3 10.1 4G

MOTOROLA MOTO X

HTC ONE MINI SILVER

AMAZON FIRE

If you are interested in trying out any of these devices, please send a PM to Toby with your preference.

Cheers!

Message 1 of 52
51 REPLIES 51

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93157 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

Fellwalker
Level 9: Fired up
  • 245 Posts
  • 20 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Interesting idea.  I've made a request for a Nokia 1020 as I've always wondered whether Windows Phone was mature enough (7 was a mess after mobile 6).  If I'm lucky I just hope 2 weeks is long enough to get used to a new OS.

Note 9. O2 since 2007.
Message 22 of 52

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144080 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
2 weeks gives you a reasonable enough idea if you are likely to get on with it or not.
A few people have tried different phones and bought them because they have been impressed and wanted more.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 23 of 52

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi I have just joined the community but I would love to be invoved with these trials in the future!
Message 24 of 52

Anonymous
Not applicable
@Anonymous please send a PM to @Toby to let him know of your interest and then wait for the next release which is done on here.

Toby will put a list of available devices out, let him know your top 3 and he will do what he can for you.

You are then asked to do a review on the device. If you do a search for example note 3 review you will see the types of reviews we have done before.
Message 25 of 52

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous 

Welcome! I'll answer your PM very soon slight_smile

Sorry for the delay in starting a new trial everyone. The Christmas period slowed things slightly as you might expect. The new phase will be very soon though!

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 26 of 52

Anonymous
Not applicable
Great! Thank you!
Message 27 of 52

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi @Toby
What are the latest devices for testing I would love to take part
Cheers
Message 28 of 52

Cleoriff
  • 122767 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Hi @Toby
What are the latest devices for testing I would love to take part
Cheers

You need to PM @Toby  with a request to try the tech...(Use the link to PM him in my post)

Here are the devices available this time round

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Welcome-News/Try-the-Tech-New-phase/m-p/846611/highlight/true#M11717

(I see you have posted on an old thread)

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 29 of 52

Anonymous
Not applicable

will do thanks mate

Message 30 of 52