cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Community Rewards Programme Information

Anonymous
Not applicable

We are really proud of our community. You put your time, sweat, efforts and knowledge at the service of others, throughout the day, every day. And you do it out of the kindness of your hearts.

We’ve been busy in the background working hard on several projects, you’ll see quite a few things happen in the next months. The one thing we thought we needed to do first was say Thank You.

So, welcome to the O2 Community Rewards! From the 1st August 2013, you can get a thank you token for participating in the community. Every month.

Here is how it works:  each month, your activity in the forum will earn you rewards points. Points are calculated by using a super secret algorithm that has been devised by monitoring members’ behaviour over the past months. Once you reach a certain amount of points, you will qualify for a reward. We have 4 different levels of rewards – Platinum, Gold, Silver and Bronze. Every month points will reset and you will be able to try to qualify for another reward.

Rewards will vary from month to month – watch out every month for an announcement.

What do you need to do to join the programme? Absolutely nothing. All registered members are automatically entered. The more you participate in the community, the more points you will earn increasing your chances to qualify for a reward.

The Terms & Conditions will give you the full details of the programme, please read them carefully and feel free to ask any questions you might have slight_smile

Message 1 of 67
66 REPLIES 66

sheepdog
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

I guess off-topic posts will be excluded from this super-secret-code then?

Message 11 of 67

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

I can see the same people winning rewards every month as there is just not enough turnover of responders just the same regular faces that have halved recently.

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 12 of 67

Anonymous
Not applicable

@sheepdog wrote:

I guess off-topic posts will be excluded from this super-secret-code then?

Attempts to gain advantage by abusing the systems will be monitored and addressed as necessary. Posts, in general, represent a minor factor in the point calculation.

Message 13 of 67

sheepdog
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

I was asking if that section would be excluded as it wouldn't exactly be "rewarding" to the sections that people look for help in general.

By that then,  is the Kudos part of the calculation? Because we all know how much that gets abused come iphone release season. 

Message 14 of 67

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Chiara.

In the ideal world I would like to see the Kudos system removed and perhaps just a "Thumbs up" tab introduced.

I would also like to see the post count removed.

The rank names removed and replaced with a more name simple format introduced.

For example :

Newbie.

Upcoming.

Established.

Trusted Member {which just stays at that.}

Just thinking out aloud.

What does everyone else think ?

Message 15 of 67

Anonymous
Not applicable

@sheepdog wrote:

I was asking if that section would be excluded as it wouldn't exactly be "rewarding" to the sections that people look for help in general.

By that then,  is the Kudos part of the calculation? Because we all know how much that gets abused come iphone release season. 

The calculation is secret for the obvious reason that we don't want people to abuse the system. Of course they will be attempts to do so but we'll do our very best to rectify that. The principle is that we will reward positive and constructive contributions.

Message 16 of 67

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi Chiara.

In the ideal world I would like to see the Kudos system removed and perhaps just a "Thumbs up" tab introduced.

I would also like to see the post count removed.

The rank names removed and replaced with a more name simple format introduced.

For example :

Newbie.

Upcoming.

Established.

Trusted Member {which just stays at that.}

Just thinking out aloud.

What does everyone else think ?

Thanks, Bandofbrothers. Ranking and Reward Programme are two completely distinct initiatives, let's keep the conversations separate, please slight_smile

More than happy to talk about ranks in the Discussion section.

Message 17 of 67

Anonymous
Not applicable

Whoops sorry i'll copy and paste my bit in there then.

slight_frown

Message 18 of 67

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'd still like to hear your opinion on the reward programme too though wink

Message 19 of 67

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I'd still like to hear your opinion on the reward programme too though wink

Hi Chiara,

To keep the 02 Community Forum alive and fresh I understand that changes need to occur, and thanking contributors to the forum by way of Reward cannot harm.

The only criticism from me is lets not have the debacle of the "hook-a-duck" rewards scenario, where some of the prizes /rewards were lets say , weak.  wink

Last year I was given £5 credit to my PAYG account for my efforts on the forum and that was really appreciated. Just an example of how rewards like that mean something.

You have my vote.

Message 20 of 67