cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The device unlocking process has changed…

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi everyone,

Previously, if you wanted to unlock your device, you needed to fill in our online form and its often been a much discussed subject here on the community.

We’re really happy to let you know that you can now do this via MyO2 (on the app, mobile and desktop versions)! Below is a screenshot to help you see how it will look in the app:

unlock Myo2.jpeg 

A period of 7 days should be expected before an unlock request will be completed.

For business customers however, there is still a form that you will need to fill in:

http://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-and-devices/unlocking-your-iphone-and-using-it-on-another-network

Has anyone used the new feature yet? How has it worked for you? Let us know below!

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144180 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
We'll need to update the help thread Toby http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-Services/Unlocking-an-O2-phone-to-use-a-different-SIM-ca...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable

Good move

i noticed the change the other day when looking at my allowances

Message 12 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there,

I can't find the link to do this on My02 desktop - where is it?

I can't seem to install MyO2 onto the phone for some reason to do this via the app.

I left O2 at start of year as signal was poor in new home

Can you help?

Thanks

Richard

Message 13 of 25

Cleoriff
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous I am currently on my PC and can get into My O2 and unlock phone by following this guide

http://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-sims-and-devices/unlocking-your-iphone-and-using-it-on-another-network

(It contains the relevant links within the guide.)

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 14 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable

HI there,

Thanks for the response.

This is the page I could see before - but just gives me the option to:

You can unlock your phone in My O2 online or via the main menu of the My O2 app.

When I click on the online link it just takes me into My)2 and I can't see anythign about unlocking then.

The O2 app seems to be working now, but the unlock your device option is missing on the menu that is shown on page 1 of this thread.

Thanks

Message 15 of 25

Cleoriff
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

I have just realised you said you are no longer with O2 which I suspect means you haven't got an account with them any longer? If this is the case and the phone is locked to O2 you will have to contact customer services.

http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus You could try live chat or you will need to call on the long number in the link...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 16 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks - I've set the wheels in motion now by phing them...

Message 17 of 25

Cleoriff
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Good. I hope it goes ok... @Anonymous wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 18 of 25

Sammy_boy
Level 6: Acolyte
  • 171 Posts
  • 12 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
I used the unlock service in my O2 today with (almost) no problem. Got a cheap LG Spirit to unlock so but the link and ensued the IMEI was correct and sent it off. Very quick service, got a reply with the unlock code in a couple of hours (on a bank holiday too!), but instructions were a bit wrong as had the wrong code did the Spirit to enter the unlock service menu. However a quick Google found the right code and it worked brilliantly.
Message 19 of 25

Cleoriff
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Good to hear that you got there in the end @Sammy_boy  A bit annoying though that you had to use google. That shouldn't happen really slight_frown

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 20 of 25