cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The O2 Community Knowledge Base: Now Live!

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi guys,

We're really happy to introduce the O2 Community Knowledge Base!

This is the place where you can learn from and read different guides, tip lists and articles concerning O2 and its products. Almost everything here has been created by a customer and for other customers to make sure things are as easy to understand for you as possible.

This knowledge base has been created as a response to the fantastically high quality of guides we receive on the community from great members. Take MI5's MMS Charges Guide or adamtemp64's Network Issues Self-Help Guide as great examples that have been useful on the community for a long time. 

As a result of this great content, the Community Knowledge Base (CKB) was created so that we can make sure all up to date guides can be formatted nicely and are easy to access. One of the beauties of a KB is that you can all nominate articles that you think are good enough to be added. We at O2 can then take a look and add them if necessary. 

Below is a screenshot of where you can find the 'Nominate Post' option. It will be in the 'Topic Options menu at the top of each thread:

CKB nominate menu.png

If/when an article has been nominated and approved for adding to the TKB, the community team will work with the author to make sure all potential amendments and edits (e.g. there may be a few more helpful sentences to be added) are done and the article is as god as can be.

Before nominating a post to be added to the CKB, here are some rough guidelines and tips to help you make a decision.

• Does the article provide help to many members? All CKB articles must be accurate, detailed and helpful to many members.
  • Is all of the info accurate to your knowledge? If you see something in a article that is not correct, it will need to be edited first. If you see a post that you want to nominate but can see issues, send me a PM and I can look into it.
  • Is the post you want to nominate worded well? Any articles that will be added to the CKB must be easy to read and written in full English.
  • Is there a current CKB article that you think needs updating? A great feature of the CKB is that it can updated quickly, so that every article is as helpful and accurate as possible. If you see something you think needs changing, send me a PM.

The CKB will be constantly evolving and improving, and the community team is excited to work with everyone to make it great! If you have any suggestions, issues or ideas regarding the CKB board itself, head over to the CKB discussion thread to share your thoughts. Also, we want to continue to grow it forver, so if you have an idea for a really useful guide that you’d like to contribute, come and talk to me!

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Toby It looks great. One thing I dont understand? Why do my private messages show at the bottom of the page I load? I know only I can see them (I hope) but can't understand why this feature should be part of the KB at all?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 5

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi @Cleoriff,

Its one of the current ways our community skin is structured. I can take a closer into that soon if its an issue :).

Get involved:

Message 3 of 5

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Toby wrote:

Hi @Cleoriff,

Its one of the current ways our community skin is structured. I can take a closer into that soon if its an issue :).

I just don't see the relevance of it being in that section @Toby? For instance, if someone new came to the forum and accessed the knowledge base, chances are they will not have any private messages... so there would be a big gap in that section? To me, its totally out of place. PM's have nothing to do with a KB. Apologies for nit picking ...but to me it's akin to putting 'Dear Diary' slap bang in the middle of Tolstoys War and Peace...Smiley Very Happy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 5

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi @Cleoriff,

We can look at that at a later date. I'll make sure all of the sections/articles work well first slight_smile

Get involved:

Message 5 of 5