Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Next Galaxy - Thu 13th Aug!

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

For those who don't know, Samsung have a 'Samsung Unpacked' event at 4PM today (13th Aug). EXCITING!

Official_Invitation_Teaser_1024x683_v2.png

So what do you think we’ll see from Samsung this time around? Super-capacity graphene battery? X-Ray photography? Infinity core CPU? Perhaps a bit too sci-fi’ish but lets dream big!

I’ll be back 4pm tomorrow and I’ll be live-updating the post below with all the official specs and features as and when it’s announced, so keep an eye on the thread if you’re unable to watch the live feed.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 1 of 67
66 REPLIES 66

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Well that keyboard add on is just rubbish - what's that about?

umm....doesn't the screen already have keyboard on it? why would you need to place a chunck of metal on the screen to do the same thing?

Message 51 of 67

Anonymous
Not applicable

Samsung design meeting:

I know, let's make our premium device look more like a blackberry with an add on physical keyboard - that's sure to boost sales!

Message 52 of 67

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Samsung design meeting:

I know, let's make our premium device look more like a blackberry with an add on physical keyboard - that's sure to boost sales!

Not keen on it then......Whistle

me neither wink

Message 53 of 67

Anonymous
Not applicable

I just cant see the point in it.

Message 54 of 67

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Official statement regarding note 5.

The Samsung Galaxy Note 5 will be introduced in the US and Asian markets in August and we will look at further opportunities to launch the Galaxy Note 5 in other markets.

“With the launch of the original Galaxy Note series in 2011, we created a whole new smart device category that set a new industry standard, which all others have followed. For our European customers, Samsung’s portfolio will be centred on the Galaxy S6 edge+, so as to better cater to their needs.”

2016 at earliest then..
Message 55 of 67

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

The s6 edge + and Note 5 are practically identical in specs, so maybe the S & Note lines are being mergered.

Message 57 of 67

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
I don't think so, every note user I know uses the pen and uses it more as a business phone rather that my usage as a leisure phone.
I wouldn't want the pen, just as note users wouldn't want it without pen.
And sorry, but whoever designed that keyboard cover wants sacking.
Message 58 of 67

blissgirl
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 7273 Posts
  • 46 Topics
  • 3 Solutions
@viridis I use the s-pen on my note quite alot it's handy to write something down if there's no paper slight_smile
iPhone 15 plus 128Gb light pink (with Vodafone) slight_smile
Message 59 of 67

MI5
  • 144338 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
And for so much more like cropping pictures, adding text to them, selecting pieces of text to copy etc.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 60 of 67