Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Note7 - Update from O2

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

27th February 2017 Update

Hi Everyone. This week we will be posting letters out to any customers who have not yet made arrangements with us to return their Samsung Note7 devices. If for any reason you misplace or do not receive it for whatever reason, here's a copy:

We’ll soon block the Note7 from our network. It’s important that you get in touch today and we’ll get you back on track with a new device.

We’ll make switching to a different device simple, and give you £100 off the upfront cost. Or, if you prefer, we’ll cancel your Airtime Plan. Either way, we’ll cancel and refund your Device Plan.

Is your Samsung Note7 insured with us? We’ll also cancel your policy and refund your premium.

Simply back up your Note7, turn it off and call our hotline 0344 809 0202 or 202 free from an O2 mobile. Need a hand backing it up? Chat to an O2 Guru online.

For more details, visit http://o2.uk/Note7Update.

If you’ve already called us, please ignore this letter.

30th January 2017 Update

Hello everyone,

Samsung have notified us of their plans to release a new mandatory software update that will limit Note 7 devices to a 0% charge, effectively eliminating its ability to function as a mobile device. This software update is expected to be pushed out tomorrow, 31st January, so if you are still using this device (which we don't recommend for your safety) please take any necessary steps to back up any important data while you can.

Why are you doing this?
To be transparent and clear, this is Samsung’s decision and is European-wide. This is a further step in Samsung looking to retrieve as many devices as possible so as to ensure customer safety.

I'm still using my Note 7 - what now?
Once your device downloads the mandatory update it will cease to charge. We understand the inconvenience this may cause and we want to make transitioning to another device as easy as possible. If you are affected by this, please contact us as soon as is convenient on 0344 809 0202. We will also be in touch in the coming days by email and letter with more details, including how to change to another device and return your Note 7 to us if not yet done so.

I've already returned my Note 7 - what does this mean to me?
If you've already returned your Note 7 to us, there's nothing further you need to do. If you're in this position, we anticipate you'll already have switched to an alternative device. If this isn’t the case though, we’d recommend you speak to us as soon as you’re able to on 0344 809 0202.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 1 of 1,893
1,892 REPLIES 1,892

Anonymous
Not applicable
Indeed 😁
Message 21 of 1,893

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

Hi guys,

As promised, we wanted to update you as and when we had more info to share on the situation. To clear things up for people around what options are available:

• Following the recent announcement from Samsung, should you have any questions or concerns please contact Samsung Customer Services Team directly on 0330 7261000
  • Contact O2 customer services to return your device to us within our 14 day returns policy and we can upgrade you to an alternative device
  • Contact O2 customer services to cancel your contract within our 14 day returns policy for a full refund

We want to assure everyone we are also contacting all customers pro-actively that have received their Note7's from us to advise on all options available to them. Due to unprecedented pre-order demand, it may take us a couple of days to reach everyone but we’ll do all we can to contact you ASAP.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 22 of 1,893

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144142 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27609 Solutions
I think you need to tell CS that info too.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 23 of 1,893

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Chris, thanks for the update but i dont fall into any other those options you stated. I have ordered it as an upgrade but have not received it. My order status is still "in progress". Can you fill me in as where i stand? And MI5 is right, CS told me the order was going ahead and to expect it within 2 weeks.
Message 24 of 1,893

Anonymous
Not applicable
...and what about people who don't want another device or to cancel, but already have the Note 7? Or is it just a case of waiting for a call?
Message 25 of 1,893

Cleoriff
  • 122795 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
...and what about people who don't want another device or to cancel, but already have the Note 7? Or is it just a case of waiting for a call?

Samsung have made it clear they will be recalling all Note 7's. For the UK this statement has been issued

(which suggests you need to contact Samsung directly. They will advise you further...

UK

In the UK, Samsung halted sales before the Note 7's street date of September 2. Some British networks were running promotional deals where pre-order customers could get devices early, and so some are already in the wild and will need to be replaced. For more information, Samsung directs UK customers to its customer service line at 0330 7261000.

http://www.androidcentral.com/has-my-galaxy-note-7-been-recalled

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 26 of 1,893

Anonymous
Not applicable
What's the position on the bundled Gear VR? Do we have to return that if we exchange for a S7 Edge, for example?
Message 27 of 1,893

jonsie
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6958 Solutions
Message 28 of 1,893

MI5
  • 144142 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27609 Solutions
No word yet about VR's but o2 have said they will be contacting customers directly who already have their devices.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 29 of 1,893

Anonymous
Not applicable
Bit frustrating. Received my device, recycled old phone and now being told I've got to return it under the 14 day period. Can't understand why I cannot keep hold of the device, be careful and use common sense with it, then replace it like for like when 'improved' note 7's are readily available. I understand it may blow but Samsung indicate no issues with UK phones 'yet' and I'm fully aware of the risks of using it still.
Message 30 of 1,893