Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Note7 - Update from O2

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

27th February 2017 Update

Hi Everyone. This week we will be posting letters out to any customers who have not yet made arrangements with us to return their Samsung Note7 devices. If for any reason you misplace or do not receive it for whatever reason, here's a copy:

We’ll soon block the Note7 from our network. It’s important that you get in touch today and we’ll get you back on track with a new device.

We’ll make switching to a different device simple, and give you £100 off the upfront cost. Or, if you prefer, we’ll cancel your Airtime Plan. Either way, we’ll cancel and refund your Device Plan.

Is your Samsung Note7 insured with us? We’ll also cancel your policy and refund your premium.

Simply back up your Note7, turn it off and call our hotline 0344 809 0202 or 202 free from an O2 mobile. Need a hand backing it up? Chat to an O2 Guru online.

For more details, visit http://o2.uk/Note7Update.

If you’ve already called us, please ignore this letter.

30th January 2017 Update

Hello everyone,

Samsung have notified us of their plans to release a new mandatory software update that will limit Note 7 devices to a 0% charge, effectively eliminating its ability to function as a mobile device. This software update is expected to be pushed out tomorrow, 31st January, so if you are still using this device (which we don't recommend for your safety) please take any necessary steps to back up any important data while you can.

Why are you doing this?
To be transparent and clear, this is Samsung’s decision and is European-wide. This is a further step in Samsung looking to retrieve as many devices as possible so as to ensure customer safety.

I'm still using my Note 7 - what now?
Once your device downloads the mandatory update it will cease to charge. We understand the inconvenience this may cause and we want to make transitioning to another device as easy as possible. If you are affected by this, please contact us as soon as is convenient on 0344 809 0202. We will also be in touch in the coming days by email and letter with more details, including how to change to another device and return your Note 7 to us if not yet done so.

I've already returned my Note 7 - what does this mean to me?
If you've already returned your Note 7 to us, there's nothing further you need to do. If you're in this position, we anticipate you'll already have switched to an alternative device. If this isn’t the case though, we’d recommend you speak to us as soon as you’re able to on 0344 809 0202.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 1 of 1,893
1,892 REPLIES 1,892

prototype89
  • 66 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Likewise! Not a chance will I accept a repair. It's absurd for them to think buyers will even consider accepting a repair on a device that's literally days old.
Message 91 of 1,893

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm assuming that this issue is mainly affecting the black version?

The reason I ask is that I notice on and off (seems to be changing every few hours!) the coral blue one shows as available to buy online and delivery in 1 week! The black one still shows as out of stock.

This has been going on for days, where both colours show as out of stock, and then for a few hours one of them (normally the blue one) will say it's available in one week for home delivery or click and collect.

Message 92 of 1,893

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144188 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
We assume the same but have no confirmation.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 93 of 1,893

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
"UPDATE

As promised, we wanted to update you as and when we had more info to share on the situation. To clear things up for people around what options are available:

Following the recent announcement from Samsung, should you have any questions or concerns please contact Samsung Customer Services Team directly on 0330 7261000
Contact O2 customer services to return your device to us within our 14 day returns policy and we can upgrade you to an alternative device
Contact O2 customer services to cancel your contract within our 14 day returns policy for a full refund
If you'd like to replace your Note7 with us, you can do so, but we do not currently have an ETA for when we expect to receive new stock from Samsung. We'll contact you as soon as we have an update with details on how to swap"

As Samsung is recalling them due to a fault, surely the return period of 14 days "change your mind" is not applicable.
I'm not sure the 30 day rule even applies with a recall
Message 94 of 1,893

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions
I'll bet that's not been through O2 Legal Dept.
"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 95 of 1,893

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
I have just spoken to CS re the Note 7 and the position as regards those of us who pre-ordered but did not receive the phone before the recall. I was assured that as soon as o2 have stock they will contact us with a despatch date. CS checked with the warehouse while I was on the phone and they have no new stock as yet. Hope this answers the question for those of us who did not receive the Note 7 after pre-ordering.
Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 96 of 1,893

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144188 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
I'm more concerned about the advice being given to customers who already have their phones.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 97 of 1,893

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
Yep @MI5 I totally agree. As I don't assume anything I wanted to check as regards people in my position and thought I would pass on what I was told.
Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 98 of 1,893

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

Over the last few days we’ve heard from some of our pre-order customers who’ve yet to receive their device. We wanted to let you know that we’re working with Samsung to understand when we will have new Note7 stock available and we assure you we’ll be in touch as soon as we have further information.

We’ll also continue to post updates on the situation here as and when we have more details

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 99 of 1,893

Muird79
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Latest update from Samsung.

They should start to roll out replacement devices on the 19th of September.

http://www.samsung.com/uk/note7exchange/?CID=AFL-hq-mul-0813-11000279
Message 100 of 1,893