Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Note7 - Update from O2

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

27th February 2017 Update

Hi Everyone. This week we will be posting letters out to any customers who have not yet made arrangements with us to return their Samsung Note7 devices. If for any reason you misplace or do not receive it for whatever reason, here's a copy:

We’ll soon block the Note7 from our network. It’s important that you get in touch today and we’ll get you back on track with a new device.

We’ll make switching to a different device simple, and give you £100 off the upfront cost. Or, if you prefer, we’ll cancel your Airtime Plan. Either way, we’ll cancel and refund your Device Plan.

Is your Samsung Note7 insured with us? We’ll also cancel your policy and refund your premium.

Simply back up your Note7, turn it off and call our hotline 0344 809 0202 or 202 free from an O2 mobile. Need a hand backing it up? Chat to an O2 Guru online.

For more details, visit http://o2.uk/Note7Update.

If you’ve already called us, please ignore this letter.

30th January 2017 Update

Hello everyone,

Samsung have notified us of their plans to release a new mandatory software update that will limit Note 7 devices to a 0% charge, effectively eliminating its ability to function as a mobile device. This software update is expected to be pushed out tomorrow, 31st January, so if you are still using this device (which we don't recommend for your safety) please take any necessary steps to back up any important data while you can.

Why are you doing this?
To be transparent and clear, this is Samsung’s decision and is European-wide. This is a further step in Samsung looking to retrieve as many devices as possible so as to ensure customer safety.

I'm still using my Note 7 - what now?
Once your device downloads the mandatory update it will cease to charge. We understand the inconvenience this may cause and we want to make transitioning to another device as easy as possible. If you are affected by this, please contact us as soon as is convenient on 0344 809 0202. We will also be in touch in the coming days by email and letter with more details, including how to change to another device and return your Note 7 to us if not yet done so.

I've already returned my Note 7 - what does this mean to me?
If you've already returned your Note 7 to us, there's nothing further you need to do. If you're in this position, we anticipate you'll already have switched to an alternative device. If this isn’t the case though, we’d recommend you speak to us as soon as you’re able to on 0344 809 0202.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 1 of 1,893
1,892 REPLIES 1,892

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

It's the risk you take after all of the warnings that have been issued....it doesn't matter by whom.

What is it that people don't understand about the warnings ?

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 351 of 1,893

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions
Message 352 of 1,893

Cmorebutt6969
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 23 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
If I wasn't a big Samsung fan I would be walking away from them very very quickly.
If it wasn't for me looking into this myself and asking questions I would never have known anything.
All I hear is they are taking this very seriously but I don't see this at all. And I bet I'm not the only one.
Taking it seriously would be taking the phones out of people's hands straight away if this means a temp phone or a change of phone it gets them off the market.
I use my phone everyday for work for calls and sat nav so without a temp phone I have no option but to carry on using it.
A few comments I have heard from o2 and Samsung which are so stupid.
Recycle you old phone is good for the environment and pay towards your new phone.
And now they are saying you should use your recycled phone until your new one turns up.
Most people upgrade because there phone is broken or not working anymore.
Also sim card size is totally different in note 7 to most other phones.
Also nothing as been said about screen protectors people have brought for there phones which is now pointless.
And last point what happens to people like me that's taken out phone insurance on this phone and had to give my imei number will I have to pay to get the details changed to another phone.
Well done for your rubbish communication it's great posting on here but what about the people that haven't seen this.
You send enough promotions crap via text message why not share the link over text.
Look forward to your reply
Message 353 of 1,893

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

It's shocking to be honest how they have handled this. No compensation for the screen protector you put on the phone (it's the first thing I buy alongside a s-view cover) but right now all focus is on the iPhone and profit. They have your money already so it's only natural that they won't compensate or offer anything that Samsung or the likes of CPW are offering.

Message 354 of 1,893

Cleoriff
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm wondering when did people pre-order the Note 7 (in black) who have received a replacement already?  I did mine on the first day of pre-orders around 09:00 am - just curious if it is in order as I've not heard a dime from o2 but heard from Samsung about 3-4 times.

I know @Anonymous ordered black and had his yesterday @Anonymous? Just check back in this thread...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 355 of 1,893

RJKennedy
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 30 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

O2 just messaged me on Facebook saying ...

'we're sorry you're having these issues, we would
ask you to call 202 and explain that you need a loan phone as you are waiting for your Note 7 to be replaced.'

Hmmmm

Message 356 of 1,893

Cleoriff
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@RJKennedy wrote:

O2 just messaged me on Facebook saying ...

'we're sorry you're having these issues, we would
ask you to call 202 and explain that you need a loan phone as you are waiting for your Note 7 to be replaced.'

Hmmmm

Make sure you keep that post @RJKennedy. you have it in writing now. Though what would happen if you actually told CS this or even went instore with it, may be a completely different matter....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 357 of 1,893

MI5
  • 144183 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
What recall wink ?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 358 of 1,893

Cleoriff
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
What recall wink ?

LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 359 of 1,893