Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Note7 - Update from O2

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

27th February 2017 Update

Hi Everyone. This week we will be posting letters out to any customers who have not yet made arrangements with us to return their Samsung Note7 devices. If for any reason you misplace or do not receive it for whatever reason, here's a copy:

We’ll soon block the Note7 from our network. It’s important that you get in touch today and we’ll get you back on track with a new device.

We’ll make switching to a different device simple, and give you £100 off the upfront cost. Or, if you prefer, we’ll cancel your Airtime Plan. Either way, we’ll cancel and refund your Device Plan.

Is your Samsung Note7 insured with us? We’ll also cancel your policy and refund your premium.

Simply back up your Note7, turn it off and call our hotline 0344 809 0202 or 202 free from an O2 mobile. Need a hand backing it up? Chat to an O2 Guru online.

For more details, visit http://o2.uk/Note7Update.

If you’ve already called us, please ignore this letter.

30th January 2017 Update

Hello everyone,

Samsung have notified us of their plans to release a new mandatory software update that will limit Note 7 devices to a 0% charge, effectively eliminating its ability to function as a mobile device. This software update is expected to be pushed out tomorrow, 31st January, so if you are still using this device (which we don't recommend for your safety) please take any necessary steps to back up any important data while you can.

Why are you doing this?
To be transparent and clear, this is Samsung’s decision and is European-wide. This is a further step in Samsung looking to retrieve as many devices as possible so as to ensure customer safety.

I'm still using my Note 7 - what now?
Once your device downloads the mandatory update it will cease to charge. We understand the inconvenience this may cause and we want to make transitioning to another device as easy as possible. If you are affected by this, please contact us as soon as is convenient on 0344 809 0202. We will also be in touch in the coming days by email and letter with more details, including how to change to another device and return your Note 7 to us if not yet done so.

I've already returned my Note 7 - what does this mean to me?
If you've already returned your Note 7 to us, there's nothing further you need to do. If you're in this position, we anticipate you'll already have switched to an alternative device. If this isn’t the case though, we’d recommend you speak to us as soon as you’re able to on 0344 809 0202.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 1 of 1,893
1,892 REPLIES 1,892

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Received my replacement note 7 yesterday...doorstep replacement and set it up last night with no issues. I went through most of what people here are going through and to be honest I decided to stop wasting my own precious time on, as and when I was going to get it replaced and let it run its course...i fully understand how frustrating it can be and probably I will judged for saying this because I've now got what I wished for which was just leaving it to something that weve got no control over and feeling frustration, regardless to say it's worth the wait...i got mixed messages from o2 myself but regardless of what I was told I looked at the facts that a replaced was inevitable...thank you for all the help to all those people on this forum

Well done @Anonymous. Enjoy your phone ..at last....:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1131 of 1,893

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks cleoriff....despite all the frustration that everyone is going through its well worth the wait and all of this will be forgotten about when the wait is over...
Message 1132 of 1,893

Anonymous
Not applicable
I ordered mine on the 19th August. phone came on the 30th and still not sure when I'm getting mine. Did anyone else preorder on the same date and had theirs yet?
Message 1133 of 1,893

auntyk26
Level 1: Joiner
  • 26 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I would assume that all phones will be replaced by the end of next month. There are now articles online stating that they will be re-released october 28th.

Message 1134 of 1,893

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've finally got off the phone after an hour again ringing and he has just confirmed to me that an email has come down confirming that all phones will be with customers by then end of October...it's a long time to wait which I'm not happy about but I can't even cancel my order as they classing my SIM card as part of my order so until I get my phone I can't even cancel it!!! But of a joke really but nothing I can't do but also at least this guy called Andy has given me some clearance as to what is going on with it unlike some of the other people I have spoken to especially with me trying to cancel it they had no idea what was going on or anything!!! The wait goes on and just gunna have to get the iPhone 4 out the cupboard and use that for abit 😐😐😐
Message 1135 of 1,893

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
@Anonymous when you say all phonesxwill be with customers by end October does that include those of us who pre-ordered but have yet to receive the phone?
Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 1136 of 1,893

Anonymous
Not applicable
I know exactly how you feel O2 have offered no information what so ever to people who pre ordered but never received their device. I have lost all confidence in O2 and the phone being 100% and rang up a couple of hours ago and cancelled. Hope you don't have to wait too long for your device to finally arrive 😞
Message 1137 of 1,893

auntyk26
Level 1: Joiner
  • 26 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

i dont know what to do now, wait four weeks or get the edge tomorrow?

Message 1138 of 1,893

Anonymous
Not applicable

note 7 pre order now cancelled O2 just messed me about too much and didnt do enough in my opinion.  Back to iphone i go 😞 good luck to everyone else hanging in there hope this all gets resolved for you all soon.

Message 1139 of 1,893

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes they told me that all pre orders and everyone else that has ordered them will have them by end of the month,the guy I spoke to spoke to his manager and he reassured me that this had literally just come down as I was on the phone to him and basically stated that they will all be with customers by end of October latest!!! The guy(Andy) didn't know owt about this until I was literally on the phone to him so that's best bit of info I've had in weeks,I can't even cancel my order as I've received part of my delivery already(my SIM card) so I can't even cancel my upgrade to the note I've literally gotta wait until it arrives as I was trying to cancel and just gent the edge 7 instead but I can't even do that now which is frustrating so I've literally had to go use my spare phone iPhone 4 which is not better than my current iPhone 6 as that's smashed to bits with the kids deciding to use it as a frisby 😭😭😭 it'll have to do for now there's nothing else I can do
Message 1140 of 1,893