Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Note7 - Update from O2

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

27th February 2017 Update

Hi Everyone. This week we will be posting letters out to any customers who have not yet made arrangements with us to return their Samsung Note7 devices. If for any reason you misplace or do not receive it for whatever reason, here's a copy:

We’ll soon block the Note7 from our network. It’s important that you get in touch today and we’ll get you back on track with a new device.

We’ll make switching to a different device simple, and give you £100 off the upfront cost. Or, if you prefer, we’ll cancel your Airtime Plan. Either way, we’ll cancel and refund your Device Plan.

Is your Samsung Note7 insured with us? We’ll also cancel your policy and refund your premium.

Simply back up your Note7, turn it off and call our hotline 0344 809 0202 or 202 free from an O2 mobile. Need a hand backing it up? Chat to an O2 Guru online.

For more details, visit http://o2.uk/Note7Update.

If you’ve already called us, please ignore this letter.

30th January 2017 Update

Hello everyone,

Samsung have notified us of their plans to release a new mandatory software update that will limit Note 7 devices to a 0% charge, effectively eliminating its ability to function as a mobile device. This software update is expected to be pushed out tomorrow, 31st January, so if you are still using this device (which we don't recommend for your safety) please take any necessary steps to back up any important data while you can.

Why are you doing this?
To be transparent and clear, this is Samsung’s decision and is European-wide. This is a further step in Samsung looking to retrieve as many devices as possible so as to ensure customer safety.

I'm still using my Note 7 - what now?
Once your device downloads the mandatory update it will cease to charge. We understand the inconvenience this may cause and we want to make transitioning to another device as easy as possible. If you are affected by this, please contact us as soon as is convenient on 0344 809 0202. We will also be in touch in the coming days by email and letter with more details, including how to change to another device and return your Note 7 to us if not yet done so.

I've already returned my Note 7 - what does this mean to me?
If you've already returned your Note 7 to us, there's nothing further you need to do. If you're in this position, we anticipate you'll already have switched to an alternative device. If this isn’t the case though, we’d recommend you speak to us as soon as you’re able to on 0344 809 0202.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 1 of 1,893
1,892 REPLIES 1,892

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143455 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
So it's the customers who shout loudest that are getting their phones replaced?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 1081 of 1,893

Anonymous
Not applicable
Most definately...its disgusting..so I recommend you shout...they credited £10 to my account and told me if I want compensation for the device payment last month I have to go direct to samsung..which I will but inly so I have the ammunition to go back to O2 and start again wink
Message 1082 of 1,893

AuntSally16
Level 1: Joiner
  • 31 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Another week gone by ... early last week was promised the exchange and nothing? Still NO personal contact only what I've chased ... no call from manager as promised 4 days ago ... just had another chat and told nothing they can do ?? Even after I said I would leave and take legal action!! Didn't work for me ... I give up !
Message 1083 of 1,893

AuntSally16
  • 31 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Appears not @Anonymous as I've shouted lots!! Nothing still 😣😤
Message 1084 of 1,893

saraD
  • 14 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

they have loads of stock i got my 1st replacement on thursday light bleed on left side could see green phone icon coming though got my 2nd replacement on saturday exactally the same but bleeding from both side both black versions got my 3rd replacement coming tomorrow in blue lets hope this ones fine

Message 1085 of 1,893

Glassbeard
Level 3: Thinker
  • 72 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So..  This today is 24 days since the official recall notice and not only are quite a few of us yet to hear from the recalls team (or at all from o2 in any direct way shape or form) but also the community team here are being stonewalled by their own colleagues at o2.  By the sounds of the evidence here there is plenty of stock at o2 and it should have been easy to contact a couple of thousand people by now.  It seems like the majority of people who have got replacements are the ones who had enough time and patience (and shouted...) to call enough times themselves.

It would be interesting to see the average number of hours it took on the phone to get a device replaced.  I wonder how many hours of peoples valuable time has been wasted on this!

Clearly o2 actually doesn't care about it's customers at all, although to be fair Telephonica are desperately trying to get rid of o2 so maybe this tells us everything we need to know.

Message 1086 of 1,893

Cleoriff
  • 122384 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I agree it must be frustrating @Glassbeard. I wonder if, now it's Monday morning, whether @Chris_K has anymore information on O2 stock levels for the replacement devices. Samsung do appear to be sending them out...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1087 of 1,893

auntyk26
  • 26 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I have to say I think it's kind of a blessing that I have to wait as I have heard a few issues of quality with the replacement devices
Message 1088 of 1,893

Anonymous
Not applicable
...I've pretty much given up..have rang at least 5 times this past few weeks and got nothing back to keep me hopeful.
Like @auntyk26 says, all these technical issues with the replacements doesn't make me feel in a hurry as much anymore...I bet Samsung have been ripping the faulty ones open in a real hurry to sort them out.
Message 1089 of 1,893

Glassbeard
  • 72 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

The other interesting thing to collate here would be what compensation has been agreed between individual costomers and o2 as it should be possible to use this to set a bar for the minimum compensation that all recall customers should be receiving (and I'm assuming the pre-order people who haven't got their phones at all yet should be due something as they will be on the new tarrifs already...)

Message 1090 of 1,893