Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Note7 - Update from O2

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

27th February 2017 Update

Hi Everyone. This week we will be posting letters out to any customers who have not yet made arrangements with us to return their Samsung Note7 devices. If for any reason you misplace or do not receive it for whatever reason, here's a copy:

We’ll soon block the Note7 from our network. It’s important that you get in touch today and we’ll get you back on track with a new device.

We’ll make switching to a different device simple, and give you £100 off the upfront cost. Or, if you prefer, we’ll cancel your Airtime Plan. Either way, we’ll cancel and refund your Device Plan.

Is your Samsung Note7 insured with us? We’ll also cancel your policy and refund your premium.

Simply back up your Note7, turn it off and call our hotline 0344 809 0202 or 202 free from an O2 mobile. Need a hand backing it up? Chat to an O2 Guru online.

For more details, visit http://o2.uk/Note7Update.

If you’ve already called us, please ignore this letter.

30th January 2017 Update

Hello everyone,

Samsung have notified us of their plans to release a new mandatory software update that will limit Note 7 devices to a 0% charge, effectively eliminating its ability to function as a mobile device. This software update is expected to be pushed out tomorrow, 31st January, so if you are still using this device (which we don't recommend for your safety) please take any necessary steps to back up any important data while you can.

Why are you doing this?
To be transparent and clear, this is Samsung’s decision and is European-wide. This is a further step in Samsung looking to retrieve as many devices as possible so as to ensure customer safety.

I'm still using my Note 7 - what now?
Once your device downloads the mandatory update it will cease to charge. We understand the inconvenience this may cause and we want to make transitioning to another device as easy as possible. If you are affected by this, please contact us as soon as is convenient on 0344 809 0202. We will also be in touch in the coming days by email and letter with more details, including how to change to another device and return your Note 7 to us if not yet done so.

I've already returned my Note 7 - what does this mean to me?
If you've already returned your Note 7 to us, there's nothing further you need to do. If you're in this position, we anticipate you'll already have switched to an alternative device. If this isn’t the case though, we’d recommend you speak to us as soon as you’re able to on 0344 809 0202.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 1 of 1,893
1,892 REPLIES 1,892

Gsdworld21
Level 3: Thinker
  • 103 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Got my note7 unlocked. Just went onto chat and they sorted it. Received the code a few hours ago. On another note so to speak I managed to get a months discount after virtually breaking their arms today because I was told even though my handset was defective my services were unaffected so therefore I didn't qualify. I should have just said keep the months discount and just give me £1 for every lie O2 agents have told me over the last 3 weeks. I'd be financially set for life.
Message 1071 of 1,893

Anonymous
Not applicable
I threatened legal action over everything citing Samsung's website and my reference number from them. They initially claimed that there was no stock and as soon as I pressed them they said as a goodwill gesture they willl replace mine tomorrow. It isn't a Goodwill gesture it is a complete lie but I'm glad I'm getting mine tomorrow now. I guess you guys need to be far more persistent because they have been so lacklustre. We are paying for a service this isn't a free phone! Anyway fingered crossed.
Message 1072 of 1,893

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
Wait...
How can they perform a goodwill gesture, with something they say is not in stock??
Message 1073 of 1,893

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
Simple @viridis they can't. So, clearly they have stock. So, wait have they lied? Umm . . . . Yes!
Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 1074 of 1,893

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@viridis wrote:
Wait...
How can they perform a goodwill gesture, with something they say is not in stock??

I think @Anonymous sussed it was hardly a 'goodwill gesture'. There is nothing remotely related to goodwill if you are paying for a faulty dangerous device that HAS to be replaced due to a recall....It's legal requirement I would have thought?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1075 of 1,893

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

The whole recall has been badly mishandled and there can be no excuse at all for the lies and false promises. All advisers should have the same information and training necessary to deal with customers honestly, openly and clearly.

Message 1076 of 1,893

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

@jonsie Agreed and @Chris_K future recalls need better staff training at your capita run call centres and live chat 

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 1077 of 1,893

Anonymous
Not applicable
I got my call yesterday from cs and I'm booked in for a replacement tomorrow morning...very friendly staff member who said I should return it with all the accessories...my thoughts on this are I've lost my charger..the cat ran off with the cable and all the small conector's were hoovered up so I've not got them anymore...oh and I've not got a cat
Message 1078 of 1,893

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well...after many hours of phoning O2 ..and being fed utter [Removed] ...i phoned again this after noon and they tried to feed my false information again..i'd had a message days ago saying i'll be contacted by an 0800 number to arrange delivery..then nothing..phoned twice yesterday spoke to repairs to be told its only the outbound team that can phone and arrange it...'strange that'..because I took previous advice and today threatened legal action and they sorted it straight away!

Message 1079 of 1,893

Anonymous
Not applicable
.....I should have added to the above post that they even asked me if I wanted the same colour or a different one...so they obviously have more than the replacement stock available!
Message 1080 of 1,893