Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Note7 - Update from O2

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

27th February 2017 Update

Hi Everyone. This week we will be posting letters out to any customers who have not yet made arrangements with us to return their Samsung Note7 devices. If for any reason you misplace or do not receive it for whatever reason, here's a copy:

We’ll soon block the Note7 from our network. It’s important that you get in touch today and we’ll get you back on track with a new device.

We’ll make switching to a different device simple, and give you £100 off the upfront cost. Or, if you prefer, we’ll cancel your Airtime Plan. Either way, we’ll cancel and refund your Device Plan.

Is your Samsung Note7 insured with us? We’ll also cancel your policy and refund your premium.

Simply back up your Note7, turn it off and call our hotline 0344 809 0202 or 202 free from an O2 mobile. Need a hand backing it up? Chat to an O2 Guru online.

For more details, visit http://o2.uk/Note7Update.

If you’ve already called us, please ignore this letter.

30th January 2017 Update

Hello everyone,

Samsung have notified us of their plans to release a new mandatory software update that will limit Note 7 devices to a 0% charge, effectively eliminating its ability to function as a mobile device. This software update is expected to be pushed out tomorrow, 31st January, so if you are still using this device (which we don't recommend for your safety) please take any necessary steps to back up any important data while you can.

Why are you doing this?
To be transparent and clear, this is Samsung’s decision and is European-wide. This is a further step in Samsung looking to retrieve as many devices as possible so as to ensure customer safety.

I'm still using my Note 7 - what now?
Once your device downloads the mandatory update it will cease to charge. We understand the inconvenience this may cause and we want to make transitioning to another device as easy as possible. If you are affected by this, please contact us as soon as is convenient on 0344 809 0202. We will also be in touch in the coming days by email and letter with more details, including how to change to another device and return your Note 7 to us if not yet done so.

I've already returned my Note 7 - what does this mean to me?
If you've already returned your Note 7 to us, there's nothing further you need to do. If you're in this position, we anticipate you'll already have switched to an alternative device. If this isn’t the case though, we’d recommend you speak to us as soon as you’re able to on 0344 809 0202.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 1 of 1,893
1,892 REPLIES 1,892

Cmorebutt6969
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 23 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
What can I say this forum as the most amount of comments out of any I have seen.
Nearly up to 1000 and the closet one is 600.
Shows how bad o2 have dealt with this.
And how they have a lot of bridge building to gain people's trust.
@Toby @Chris_K I hope your sharing this with your managers.
I understand this is the first time a mobiles ever fully been recalled but you get a hell of a lot of people's money and some one should have called a meeting and come up with a plan.
Like I said before it's amazing how you add details and daily updates on the website for iPhone users but nothing for note 7
When is this survey coming out for customer service team of the year? I bet you won't win it this time.
I understand you have millions of customers to deal with but you should have the staff in place to deal with the millions of customers or don't take them on in the first place
Message 991 of 1,893

Anonymous
Not applicable

Good to know @TreggyIII - I was getting worried when I couldn't see the order in MyO2. Still dubious about Monday but will see how it goes.

Message 992 of 1,893

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
Well said @Cmorebutt6969.
Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 993 of 1,893

Gsdworld21
Level 3: Thinker
  • 103 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Providing you've had a call don't worry about it not showing up in your orders. I'd imagine it's because it's a replacement rather than an actual order. Mine never showed. You'll get a message off dpd the day before and a rough delivery time the day after. I downloaded the dpd app which is useful to have. Also dpd notified me today that my order had been delivered and signed for at O2 (my old handset) so glad to hear that people are finally starting to get phones. Let's hope they get this backlog dealt with immediately now.
Message 994 of 1,893

Glassbeard
  • 72 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Still not a single update here.  Glad to hear that some of you are having some success, but nearly 4 weeks since delivery of the phone and not a single text, email or call.  I feel like i've been stood up!  At least we are all in this together so we can share out incredulity!

Message 995 of 1,893

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm glad to hear that it may come via DPD. Gives me a little more hope.

@Glassbeard believe me I feel your pain. From my own experience it seems I couldn't even get a manager on the phone. I just kept calling until I got the right call centre. Live chat are completely useless. It really is an absolute farce the way they've dealt with this 😐

Message 996 of 1,893

Glassbeard
  • 72 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm glad to hear that it may come via DPD. Gives me a little more hope.

@Glassbeard believe me I feel your pain. From my own experience it seems I couldn't even get a manager on the phone. I just kept calling until I got the right call centre. Live chat are completely useless. It really is an absolute farce the way they've dealt with this 😐

My problem is that I'm to busy to be able to phone up more than a couple of times.  I'm trying to be patient, but it is frustrating just how little imformation is being passed on!

Message 997 of 1,893

Gsdworld21
Level 3: Thinker
  • 103 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I can't say whether this is the right department dealing with it or just the same as calling 202 but this is the number that called me to arrange my replacement 0800 840 0202
Message 998 of 1,893

TreggyIII
  • 78 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Wow, 1000 posts! What do I win?

Guys, just to keep you updated, my replacement did arrive 12 hours after I had my call form the mystery list. The box does not have the 'S' sticker, but does have the black square. I've checked the IMEI checker all all if OK there, I'm in the process of updating the firmware to see if I get a green icon and will then install Phone Info+, which should give me an indication if the serial number matches the manufacture date and if the phone may be a refurb or not.

Then I'm going to make a start of putting some sort of complaint together about this whole shambles.

Message 999 of 1,893

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
A fire extinguisher
Message 1000 of 1,893