Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Note7 - Update from O2

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

27th February 2017 Update

Hi Everyone. This week we will be posting letters out to any customers who have not yet made arrangements with us to return their Samsung Note7 devices. If for any reason you misplace or do not receive it for whatever reason, here's a copy:

We’ll soon block the Note7 from our network. It’s important that you get in touch today and we’ll get you back on track with a new device.

We’ll make switching to a different device simple, and give you £100 off the upfront cost. Or, if you prefer, we’ll cancel your Airtime Plan. Either way, we’ll cancel and refund your Device Plan.

Is your Samsung Note7 insured with us? We’ll also cancel your policy and refund your premium.

Simply back up your Note7, turn it off and call our hotline 0344 809 0202 or 202 free from an O2 mobile. Need a hand backing it up? Chat to an O2 Guru online.

For more details, visit http://o2.uk/Note7Update.

If you’ve already called us, please ignore this letter.

30th January 2017 Update

Hello everyone,

Samsung have notified us of their plans to release a new mandatory software update that will limit Note 7 devices to a 0% charge, effectively eliminating its ability to function as a mobile device. This software update is expected to be pushed out tomorrow, 31st January, so if you are still using this device (which we don't recommend for your safety) please take any necessary steps to back up any important data while you can.

Why are you doing this?
To be transparent and clear, this is Samsung’s decision and is European-wide. This is a further step in Samsung looking to retrieve as many devices as possible so as to ensure customer safety.

I'm still using my Note 7 - what now?
Once your device downloads the mandatory update it will cease to charge. We understand the inconvenience this may cause and we want to make transitioning to another device as easy as possible. If you are affected by this, please contact us as soon as is convenient on 0344 809 0202. We will also be in touch in the coming days by email and letter with more details, including how to change to another device and return your Note 7 to us if not yet done so.

I've already returned my Note 7 - what does this mean to me?
If you've already returned your Note 7 to us, there's nothing further you need to do. If you're in this position, we anticipate you'll already have switched to an alternative device. If this isn’t the case though, we’d recommend you speak to us as soon as you’re able to on 0344 809 0202.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 1 of 1,893
1,892 REPLIES 1,892

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just spoken to a CSA and informed that they are working through two lists(?!?) and I should be contacted within a week. So, worst case... they call next Tuesday, they inform me that I should be getting a replacement with 1 - 3 days?? That is a month from when I got the thing and just nearly a month since we were told there was a issue by Samsung.

Well, excuse me for not believing a word of it but I was promised two days ago that I would get my phone in 1-3 days by a CS (mis)advisor. Yesterday I was informed that I had been 'misinformed' (READ - 'lied to') and that there was apparently a list but they knew nothing more about it.

Just asked for a Manager Call back, should get one within 24 hrs, but I don't even believe that to be honest.

Do o2 understand the frustration that their Note7 customers are feeling?
Message 821 of 1,893

Gsdworld21
Level 3: Thinker
  • 103 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I'm seriously considering going down the S7 edge route. The bloody note 8 will be due if this continues.
Message 822 of 1,893

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok... spoke to someone on chat seeing as when I called up I was on hold for an hourish then hung up on.. he told me to call 03448090202 and see if i get anywhere with them...

Im so fed uppppp 😞

Message 823 of 1,893

Anonymous
Not applicable

Having spent the last hour on the phone to O2 i was told they dont know when ill recieve my device because they dont know when they will be recieving more stock from samsung.  I then asked to get a loan phone in the mean time and was told i couldnt have one because i actually never recieved my note 7 and to use my old device.  When i then explained to the man i recycled my old phone with o2 so i could then upgrade he then asked me how i was calling him if i recycled my phone. I am so disappointed with how o2 have treated me ive payed for my line rental a few days ago which i havent been able to use due to recycling my phone and then to top it off i felt like the man i spoke to at customer service accused me of lieing and asked me how i was calling him. Really really disappointed o2 i have been a loyal customer for years and im now left with out a phone until they send me a new note 7 😞 

Message 824 of 1,893

RJKennedy
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 30 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Just received my replacement note 7. All good you would think? Nope. The new unit has a huge dead pixel blob at the bottom of the screen. Called CS and guess what.. been told I'll get a call back from the outbound team later today. I give up. @Chris_K just cancel my contract 

Message 825 of 1,893

Anonymous
Not applicable

After spending an hour on chat, someone has advised me to expect delivery in the next 24-48 hours... dubious but we shall see!

Message 826 of 1,893

Anonymous
Not applicable

So i've just been on to them again.

Initially I was told "Samsung will be in contact with you and then O2 will contact you" which is a new one!
After I said Samsung have already contacted me and that the contact issue was O2, I was told that they are "checking with Samsung and when we receive the phone is stock, we will get in touch with you". They can't/won't give me an ETA.

So - the answers i've heard over the last three days:

• We're out of stock/we're receiving a shipment in a few weeks
  • Samsung haven't sent us any stock
  • What recall?
  • You will be contacted by Samsung
  • You will be contacted by O2
  • You're on a list
  • The list is in order

Are any of these things even true?

Message 827 of 1,893

TreggyIII
Level 4: Observant
  • 78 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Absolutely, we're all on a list - a billing list.

Message 828 of 1,893

Anonymous
Not applicable

Even more confused, after being told by 2 people to expect the replacement door swap phone in the next 24-48 hours, ive had a call from o2 to say that is not the case and it will be October. I have proof of them saying it will be in the next 24-48 hours and theyve taken my work address to make sure it is delivered to the right address, so I am even more annoyed/confused!

Any suggestions on what I can do now?

Message 829 of 1,893

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous Keep fingers crossed that it might turn up. They really are that clueless and by feeding customers false hope with lies of replacements within 3 days isn't helping things. 

If you have the patience keeping pestering, likely to get a different answer each time! 

Message 830 of 1,893