Did you mean: 

Pay as You Go update

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi guys,

From 26 May 2016, your Big Talker tariff will become Simply Pay As You Go. For more info on specific details, head to the Pay As You Go tariff changes page.

What are your thoughts on the changes? Which deals taker your fancy? Let us know!

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
A simple PAYG package is what many people have been asking for.
The key to it's success (as always) will be getting the pricing right - Dare I say it looks a little expensive compared to some other options....?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 16

jonsie
  • 93219 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

It does look expensive and the out of allowance charges are ridiculous to be frank.

Message 3 of 16

Curr946
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
just a tad, is o2 trying to push everyone onto contract like tariffs that renew every month.
Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 4 of 16

Cleoriff
  • 122901 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

I wouldn't be choosing that tariff if honest. Looks expensive.Shocked

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 16

MI5
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Maybe also explains why the customer wasn't allowed to move to O2 Basic last week?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 16

Cleoriff
  • 122901 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Maybe also explains why the customer wasn't allowed to move to O2 Basic last week?

You could be right. Maybe we need clarification from @Toby as to whether Basic is still available?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 16

MI5
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
We got the official o2 answer from Toby which I doubt has changed, but I can't see it being offered to many customers from now on.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 16

MI5
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions

@Toby wrote:

Hi guys, We never like to see a customer leave O2, whether they’ve been with us for only a few days, weeks, or even years. Customer’s needs, requirements and situations can change so we have a dedicated retentions team who will do their best to meet each customers demands as best they can. Some of these demands may be down to costs or tariffs and the team will analyse what options may be available for them. Some of these options would not be available by request, as each case is looked at on an individual basis.

Sorry to hear this wasn't available to you carrot. The team would have listened to your needs and requirements and would have looked at all possible options that would have been available to you. slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 9 of 16

jonsie
  • 93219 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions
Message 10 of 16