Did you mean: 

OnePlus 3 - Only on O2

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

Hey guys,

We've got some exciting news to share this morning... The fantastic OnePlus 3 is headed exclusively to O2 in the UK and it'll be on sale from this Thursday, available on a range of O2 Refresh tariffs.

Some of you already know just what this device is capable of but for those who don't, let us fill you in a bit...

3_onePlus3_Facebook_Multi-Product-Carousel_3.jpg

Photography
The photography features on the OnePlus 3 include a superior 16MP sensor with EIS and OIS to ensure you get a sharp and focused photo, every time. With manual mode, RAW image support and HDR capability, you can take more control of your photos than ever before

Performance

With a powerful 2.2GHz quad-core processor, 6GB RAM, super-fast UFS 2.0 internal storage and 3,000mAh battery, you're getting one of the fastest devices out there. And speaking of fast, the fingerprint sensor unlocks in just 0.2s and gets smarter over time, learning about your fingerprint more and more. And speaking of more, see more on the stunning 5.5" Optic AMOLED display, producing colours more vivid and true-to-life than ever before.

So much more!
There's so much more still to talk about, such as Dash Charge (charge to 60% in just 30min), an all-metal premium design & build and Oxygen OS - a system built to give you the perfect balance between power and simplicity.

Don't just take our word for it... Check it out for yourself from this Thursday.
Only on O2.

For updates, register here: http://o2.uk/updates

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 6 of 108
107 REPLIES 107

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
That was part of the evidence I used to form my opinion.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 71 of 108

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11992 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
Ta for that.
What happens if you power off the phone and/or swap sims? Do you need to name them again or does it recognise if/when they are changed?

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 72 of 108

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Turning off and on doesn't change anything but if you switch sim cards around you have to rename them again.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 73 of 108

gmarkj
  • 11992 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
It is really tempting.
The only things that are causing any reservation are the lack of expandable storage, the change to a USB C, the cost and the fact I have gotten the G4 set up exactly how I want it!
If I had waited a couple more months then I would be tempted by this.
It may well be that I wait until (if) the OnePlus 4 instead...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Message 74 of 108

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
I'm sure 64Gb onboard will be enough esp if you use cloud storage for music and photos.
I got into the habit of that way back with the Nexus 4 and never used half of the 16Gb storage that had (Actually, I may have had the 8Gb version of that phone but can't remember now).

Currently using:
Message 75 of 108

gmarkj
  • 11992 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
I have some music and a lot of photos on my phone, although they do get backed up to my google account.
Admittedly storage was more of an issue on the Z1 (16Gb on device) rather than with the 32Gb on the G4.
If cost wasn't a concern then I would be seriously close to the edge. Luckily(?) I don't have £300 burning a hole in my pocket though...

Message 76 of 108

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
I know the feeling wink

Currently using:
Message 77 of 108

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey martin slight_smile don't seem to have got a message yet unless i'm completly missing it and can't find it (apologise, new to the forum.)

As for the Oneplus 3, the phone is fantastic - i have had the original oneplus one for the last two years and love what oneplus stand for, so when i orginally heard that O2 would supply it and that i could avoid the 5 week delivery time oneplus have on the website i was over the moon. 

Ignoring my instore experience with the O2 i went to (as a uni student, its the closest store to me, the one in Surrey which i usually go to back home I can't fault, but what has happened has happened) the phone is lighning fast and dash charging has completly changed the way I use the phone. The fingerprint sensor was faster than a friends iPhone 7+ which also boosted my phone ego wink

As for the sim, i currently have a single Virgin monthly sim and the phone WORKS ABSOLUTELY FINE and i can confirm it is 100% unlocked (however, i have ordered a O2 sim which I throw into the phone incase i have in warranty problems, should arrive tomorrow.)

Message 78 of 108

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Good to hear @Anonymous and a review of the phone at some point would be good Smiley Very Happy

Message 79 of 108

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

@Anonymous You should be able to see it now. Go to the top of any forum page and click the little envelope. Just hit reply. Glad you like the phone overall despite the issues you encountered wink

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 80 of 108