cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 spreading light during Diwali festival with World Chat app

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi folks,

Diwali, the Festival of Lights, is the biggest and brightest of all the Hindu celebrations. It's an ancient festival that celebrates the triumph of light over dark and good over evil.  

The festival of lights also celebrates the Hindu New Year and therefore it is a major holiday in India. It is celebrated by millions of people around the world, from India, Nepal and Malaysia to right here in the UK, with thousands attending Diwali lights switch-on events around the country.

134069541.jpg

Find out more about the Diwali festival here 

In order to commemorate the millenarian tradition, now both O2 customers and non-O2 customers can make free calls to India via O2 World chat app from today until the 13th of November.

New O2 customers get 5 minutes free anywhere in the world!

If you invite friends, you also get a chance to win some prizes. Don't miss out!

So folks, will you be attending any of the festivities around the country? Care to share your Bollywood moves? Share the light with us. Don't be shy! 

Happy Diwali everyone! 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
Anyone around the community who celebrates Diwali?
Message 2 of 5

Cleoriff
  • 122354 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Not me...I am far too busy trying to calm the cats down with every other festival which requires fireworks being let off. Seems to be constant now from Halloween up to New Year.....I am not a bah humbug person normally but when you have animals you look at things from a different perspective...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 5

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

It's celebrated over here as many Indians and Hindus live or visit at this time of year. To be honest Thai people celebrate all religious or holidays, be they Buddhist , Christian or Hindu.

Light over dark, knowledge over ignorance...seems something that should be celebrated by every faith.

Message 4 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

I know @Cleoriff animals suffer a lot with fireworks. Do you know why is that? Are they more sensible to noise? 

@Poppysmum mentioned it too here 

Message 5 of 5