O2 network coverage disruption update

Abs
O2 Social Media Team
O2 Social Media Team
  • 1014 Posts
  • 107 Topics
  • 8 Solutions

Hi Guys,

Since 8am today, our 2G voice and data service has been restored.

Our engineers are continuing to work on the 3G service and we anticipate a full restoration of services soon.

Please have a look at our blog post for more info.

Thanks

Abs

Message 1 of 288
287 REPLIES 287

Anonymous
Not applicable

Fixed? Seriously? Ive been waiting for live chat for 40 minutes to complain and still waiting...good job the football is on so ive got something to do while waiting for this!!

Phone constantly saying searching... then get service, then it drops, then its back... my dad laughing as he is on vodafone and says they never have issues!!

Message 161 of 288

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have had no service since 3.30pm today!!! This happened to me as well as thousands of others in July this year too.  This is totally unacceptable and I will not be accepting the discount and £10 voucher this time, 02 have totally went down hill, I have been with 02 for years, and since the last disruption in July my network hasn't been right ever since, phone calls cutting out A LOT!  Txt messages not sending! I will most definitely be looking in to moving to a much better network. 02 will be losing hundreds of loyal customers this time, and this I hope happens, as there are people who need their phone for emergencies and need to be in contact with family for many reasons not just to keep in touch. Such a disappointment!!! Smiley Mad

Message 162 of 288

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi guys,

You can find all the latest here: http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Call-and-text-difficulties-issue-12-10-2012/m-p/...

I'll keep that updated as best as I can.
Message 163 of 288

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm getting tired with them as well!!! What they thinking??!!!Is to often!!!

Message 164 of 288

Anonymous
Not applicable
WEST LONDON NOT HAVE A SIGNAL TO CONTRACT CUSTOMERS AT THE SAME TIME pay-as-you-go HAVE GOT A SERVICE!!! COMEDY AND DRAMA AT SAME TIME!!!!
Message 165 of 288

Anonymous
Not applicable

For this to happen a second time in just a few months will cause loss of confidence in O2 as a future provider.  A lot of clients like myself who rely on their mobile for their business, will move onto another provider.  I have lost a lot of money today and who know maybe clients as well.  When is the service going to be up in the Epsom area ?!

Message 166 of 288

Anonymous
Not applicable

They are so incompetent and dishonest.

As well as having inefficient, flaky systems.

Re O2's own comments about the 'node failure' -

- why should one node cause disruption in multiple locations around the UK?

- total bullsh*t re resiliency - '.... we are so clever to have fixed it in only 3hours ....' etc etc - as a Business Continuity Consultant I would be very interested to know why there isn't automatic failure detectors and auto switching to another route. Should be very simple network design these days. Or are they cutting costs as usual; ignore their comments about infrastructure investment; is not happening.

Woul dbe very interested to know what compensation will be offered.

I overdue for Ofcom, Trading Standards etc to collar these fraudsters

Message 167 of 288

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Ofcom can't do anything, the network is not guaranteed to be trouble free neither is any other.

Check the terms you agreed to.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 168 of 288

Anonymous
Not applicable

neither my nor my husbands phones are working yet

Message 169 of 288

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

neither my nor my husbands phones are working yet

Can't comment on the Spanish network you will be connected to.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 170 of 288