Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Webmail is closing - More info inside

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

If you use an @o2.co.uk email address you were given previously as part of a broadband or mobile phone package, we’re sorry to tell you that this service is soon coming to an end.

Why?
While some people used these free email accounts, the vast majority didn't, and instead have been using popular other email services like Gmail or Outlook (Hotmail) instead. From 7th June 2016, all o2.co.uk email accounts will be closed and you’ll be unable to send or receive emails using your o2.co.uk account from this date.

What about all my emails, attachments and contacts?
We can show you how to transfer your contacts, email addresses and attachments to Gmail and Outlook. Just make sure you move them before your o2.co.uk email account closes on 7th June. Unfortunately, we can’t transfer them to Yahoo! Mail, so you’ll need to set up either a Gmail or Outlook account to move them.

Likewise, if you use your O2 email address as your log-in for any online services, like banking or shopping, you'll need to update those too. Some customers manage their O2 account from their o2.co.uk email address. If you do too, take a look at www.o2.co.uk/myo2 where you can see your balance, check your bill and get the low down on your account any time you like with My O2.

We’ll be in touch again before June 7th, just to remind you of what’s happening. Until then, we hope this won’t cause too much trouble.

Got any questions or concerns?
Please let us know below – we always welcome and appreciate feedback. If you need more help transferring your emails and contacts, feel free to speak to an O2 Guru - Just check out Live Chat here, or pop into one of our shops.

Remember you can find more info on everything mentioned above here on our website

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 1 of 212
211 REPLIES 211

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143432 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
From what others have said, no notifications are being received.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 171 of 212

Anonymous
Not applicable

Never receied a single warning and have been receiving emails up until Aug. Luckly my holiday confirmation came before. Not Happy!!!!! 

Message 172 of 212

jonsie
  • 92917 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Try sending a mail to your O2 address from an external system.

I haven't had a mail rejected yet and nothing gets through to the mailbox so they are just being dropped or queued somewhere. Maybe they go to the same place as the mythical closure communications.

People sending you mail won't know you aren't getting it.

Message 174 of 212

MI5
  • 143432 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Yes we have been told that previously.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 175 of 212

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Toby,

Please, PLEASE, please can you arrange to stop accepting email on mailboxes you deactivated 3 months ago?

I used my o2 email address for 10+ years and although I have changed and notified most people I can think of, I still get calls and feedback every couple of weeks form important legacy contacts who think I am ignoring their repeated emails to my barred o2 address ... they do not know the service is suspended and I am not getting the emails that are accepted as deliveered to the o2 mail servers... if the emails bounced back at them they would know to make alternate contact.

I have been sending test emails from Gmail every couple of weeks to my old o2 address and you just keep blindly accepting email with a confirmation the mail has been delivered ... what are you doing? Just mass deleting? This is not on.

I have tried calling support multiple times and their best answer is "Call Sky".

Message 176 of 212

MI5
  • 143432 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
It is weird that there isn't an error.
Can this be looked at @Toby?

Currently using:
Message 177 of 212

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous,

Sorry to hear about this! Have you talked to Sky at all? What did they say?

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 178 of 212

PhoneChanger
  • 1343 Posts
  • 65 Topics
  • 101 Solutions
@Anonymous chances are that all of O2's mail servers haven't been decommissioned yet, so whilst the mail isn't reaching your mailbox it is reaching O2's servers.

I'm sure in a few weeks / months (useless to you I know) when the servers are all offline the error messages will be received.
Message 179 of 212

MI5
  • 143432 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Not whilst they still use the same servers for internal email comms......
An error or delivery failure should be sent from the users mailbox though.

Currently using:
Message 180 of 212