cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Travel app

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey guys,

Holiday season is pretty much here and it looks like the BBQs will be out in force this summer!

But if you’re off to hotter European destinations rather than going to Llandudno this year then we’ve just released an app for that!

We’ve created a new O2 Travel app, currently IOS and Android.

So what does it do?

The app gives you free access to Trip advisor content as well as city maps and guides so you can make the most of your European break without changing your digital habits!

The app allows you to sign up to the new O2 travel tariff which is:

- Pay and Go £1.99 for 50mb of data, which can be re-purchased if you run out

- Pay Monthly £1.99 for as much data as you need per day!

Some more details on it here- http://news.o2.co.uk/2014/06/13/travel-app-launches-with-content-from-tripadvisor/

Download the app here and let us know what you think 

To opt in text TRAVEL to 23336

Do any of you have any travel plans for the summer? If so we’d love one of you guys to road test the app for us and create a guide/review!

o2 travel.PNG

Thanks

Brad

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

Installed it...no idea what I will do with it.... LOLLOL

Seriously though...I have never been that impressed with Trip Advisor.It seems ok for general stuff, but a specific search in the  accommodation section is very hit and miss.

Maps are very useful.Personally I  don't follow trip adviser recommendations to be honest. Different people have different ideas of what's good for themselves. The whole idea of a trip overseas is to experience the places, whether they be restaurants or attractions, for yourself. That's half the enjoyment.

Message 11 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

@aldaweb wrote:

@Anonymous Any chance of a Blackbery 10 version?

I tried the android version via Snap but the location services just crash the app.Smiley Frustrated

Seconded! 

For all the time it would take to port the Android version over to BB10, lets see the continued support from O2 we were promised wink

Message 12 of 14

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Two major observations I've found.

As stated, off to Berlin shortly so I've downloaded that.

As this is Trip Adviser based, a major disappointment is that it's all in German....ok I know.....!

Secondly all the prices I've found are in US dollars. More collaboration with the app people needed I think.

Message 13 of 14

MI5
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

I can change the language of the reviews (or at least select a language) but it's guesswork as the pop up text isn't visible. There are 3 laguage choices and an "Any" option on this dialogue box.

(HTC One with latest updates installed)

2014-06-17 17.02.22.png

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 14 of 14