Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Network Update: Virtual Interview- TBC

Anonymous
Not applicable

********** Delayed due to tube strike***********

More details here

Hey Guys,

We have another community exclusive. Back by popular demand, we’re bringing back our Network team to be discussing all things O2 Network eg Signal, 4G,3G , 2G HD voice data ect.

Our virtual interview will be on the 6th of August at 09:30 AM but you can start asking the questions right now!

We’ve had a strong year, some ups some downs but mainly positive: We’ve rolled out HD voice, reached 75% of the UK population for 4G. We’ve passed the 500 towns and cities mark as detailed in our recent press release and many more.

We’ve also had some downs too, we’re not perfect, but we want to get better, so your feedback and questions are really important to us so we can continue to improve.

Here’s our latest network video

If your new to the Community, check out this handy guide on how to get started and post, to ask a question just hit the reply button once you’re signed in.

The Guys you’ll be asking the questions are: Brendan O’Reilly Chief Technology Officer at Telefónica UK, Andrew Stead Network Rollout Manager, Neill Baucutt- Network Quality Manager

Right, ask away and we’ll be live replying on the 6th at 09:30 sharp!

Oh before i forget. Do ask your questions in bold!

Thanks

Brad

Message 1 of 32
31 REPLIES 31

cyrillicguy
Level 8: Talented
  • 247 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

According to my personal experience, once you find yourself in O2 2G only area, data services on most occasions become either barely usable or, indeed, unusable at all regardless of how strong the actual signal is. I'm aware of GPRS/EDGE limitations in terms of speeds, but I also do know that if properly implemented, it is very much possible to use your smartphone quite comfortably for IM/data conscious apps/web browsing. Not on the O2 network though. Do you acknowledge such an issue and if so, how and when are you going to improve things? Thank you.

Message 11 of 32

Daddydoink
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 450 Posts
  • 41 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

When will O2 sort out the congestion/network 4G/3G/2G hopping that I frequently encounter?

Windows 10|SurfaceBook2-512|Lego|Wheelchair Reviews
Sony Xperia ZX Premium (because I loved the Try The Tech phone so much)
Sony Xperia XZ
Message 12 of 32

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
When will the community allow bold font on mobile view?
Message 13 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable
When will 02 be getting VoLte as 3is getting it in autumn
Message 14 of 32

Daddydoink
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 450 Posts
  • 41 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

Why is O2 Business passing on my contract and contact details to third-party resellers without my permission?

Windows 10|SurfaceBook2-512|Lego|Wheelchair Reviews
Sony Xperia ZX Premium (because I loved the Try The Tech phone so much)
Sony Xperia XZ
Message 15 of 32

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

Deleted.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 16 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable

When are o2 going actually tackle the fact that signal has gone to almost non existant these days, I cant even get a signal in my house most of the time. And it's only getting worse. My phone is barely usable a good 70% of the time and I dread to think what might happen if I find myself in actual need somewhere and unable to use it. I pay you guys £40 a month and expect better. 

Message 17 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable

When Three take over are the networks to be merged?

Message 18 of 32

sheepdog
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

As I'm in the remaining 20-25% that hasn't got 4G yet in my area (and 3G is non-existent let alone gprs!), could you explain what the determining factors are in upgrading masts? 

The follow-on question is, what happens to those masts that won't be upgraded to 4G? 

Message 19 of 32

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
Why do pizzas come in square boxes
Message 20 of 32