cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 4G Rollout update-

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Guys,

We’ve just announced some really great stats for our 4G rollout and some  new information on what’s coming next!

Here’s an overview of where our 4G is at the minute-

-Available to 33% of the population indoors and 41% of the population outdoors

-Already in 191 towns and Cities across the UK spanning to 20 million people

-Over 1 million O2 customers now on 4G

Here’s what we’re doing to make 2,3 and 4G better

- Nationwide upgrade of existing masts

- 25% of masts upgraded by 2014

- An additional £16 million committed to delivering data services to over 200 areas that have never had data before!

- Investment on top of the £1.5 million per day equivalent network spend

4G data stat alert*

In the last year since we launched 4G customers have used more data than the combined period between 2000 to 2008! That’s a lot of data.

For more on this check here

These are ambitious plans guys, let us know what you think and if you’ve already started to see and make use of the improvements that have come with 4G.

What more would you like to see from us for 2014 and beyond?

Of course in 2015 everyone will be using Segways whilst using our Google glass or the Apple or Samsung, HTC and beyond equivalent…

But never the less- let us know what you think!

Thanks

Brad

Message 1 of 141
140 REPLIES 140

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I'm just not understanding why there is no rollout plan published, it's not possible that they don't have a fixed plan. Best guesstimates of 'by the end of 2017' or whatever year just aren't good enough. If it is going to be 2017 before my town gets 4G, fair enough, just let me know!

Message 21 of 141

newneotoo
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 12 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Agree, any update but this secrecy is all a little odd..

Message 22 of 141

Anonymous
Not applicable

Come on O2, my contract is due for renewal, EE is available here in Colchester, will O2 be here before my contract ends? If not, i'm moving, just think how many customers are leaving just because they don't know when 4G from O2 will be available.

Get it together, you obviously have a roll out plan for the people that matter, why not let us in? Whats the big secret?!

Message 23 of 141

Anonymous
Not applicable
Unfortunately you simply won't be advised of roll out by O2. 😞

It's a question posed many times.

It's now an informed decision for you to make to stay or go. I would try out the other networks Payg sims to ensure signal is good where you live, work and commute.

Good luck.
Message 24 of 141

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have had enough of the lack of information, if O2 are having issues just fess up we may be more understanding.

I was promised 4G would be in Bristol by the end of the year when I took my 4g phone in October 2013. I have been paying a 4g tariff with no benefit since then.

I feel i have been miss sold a tariff in much the same way as the PPI fiasco. Are O2 planning refunds for all those that feel the same way. 

As soon as my contract is up I will be moving away from O2 and I wont be back.

Message 25 of 141

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
4g is free now for all customers.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 26 of 141

Anonymous
Not applicable
So I've had my 5s 4g phone for a year now, with promises of Bristol getting 4g in the new year (2014) when the 6 comes out I shall be taking out a new contract and sadly leaving 02 as you are not providing me 4g in Bristol. I shall move to Ee or 3...
Message 27 of 141

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi @Anonymous

Sorry to learn you're leaving O2 to obtain 4G.

As O2 are not providing any prior Rollout information I cannot give you any further information on that.

Hopefully before your contract ends and your free to leave they'll have 4G in your area. slight_smile

However as your intention at this time is to leave O2 here are some help threads on that.

Leaving O2 thread : http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Cancelling-Your-Contract-A-Guide/m-p/566774/highlight/true#M56526

PAC CODE Thread : http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Discussions-Feedback/Obtaining-a-PAC-Code-from-the-O2-Network/m-p/544270#U544270

Also consider unlocking your phone so that you can either use it on your rely chosen network or this increases it's street value if you intend to sell it on.

This is free to Contract Customers

Unlocking info : http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-Services/Unlocking-an-O2-phone-to-use-a-different-SIM-card/td-p/540294

Unlocking form : https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/help/help?qid=1&q1=2&route=unlocking&case=Handset%20Unlocking%20Form

Please obtain some Payg SIM cards from the networks your interested in to ensure they do provide good signal where you live ,work and commute.

Don't rely on Coverage indicators / maps.

Message 28 of 141

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
From other reports on here 4G is been tested in Bristol so it shouldn't be too long now for you.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 29 of 141

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

If O2 published a rough guide to the rollout it would probably make people think twice about leaving. It would for me. Unless 4G hits my area before the Note 4 is released it will be operating with an EE sim.

Message 30 of 141