cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 4G Rollout update-

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Guys,

We’ve just announced some really great stats for our 4G rollout and some  new information on what’s coming next!

Here’s an overview of where our 4G is at the minute-

-Available to 33% of the population indoors and 41% of the population outdoors

-Already in 191 towns and Cities across the UK spanning to 20 million people

-Over 1 million O2 customers now on 4G

Here’s what we’re doing to make 2,3 and 4G better

- Nationwide upgrade of existing masts

- 25% of masts upgraded by 2014

- An additional £16 million committed to delivering data services to over 200 areas that have never had data before!

- Investment on top of the £1.5 million per day equivalent network spend

4G data stat alert*

In the last year since we launched 4G customers have used more data than the combined period between 2000 to 2008! That’s a lot of data.

For more on this check here

These are ambitious plans guys, let us know what you think and if you’ve already started to see and make use of the improvements that have come with 4G.

What more would you like to see from us for 2014 and beyond?

Of course in 2015 everyone will be using Segways whilst using our Google glass or the Apple or Samsung, HTC and beyond equivalent…

But never the less- let us know what you think!

Thanks

Brad

Message 1 of 141
140 REPLIES 140

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144145 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
You'd think they'd want to be shouting from the rooftops !!
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 111 of 141

jonsie
  • 93174 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6966 Solutions

Seems to be a secret society whereby no one can pass information on to anyone outside the organisation. Probably complete with funny handshakes LOL

Message 112 of 141

MI5
  • 144145 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
It really does beggar belief....
"We're gonna give you a fantastic free upgrade, but we're not going to tell you when you have it"
Must have been the YTS that came up with that slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 113 of 141

newneotoo
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 12 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Jonsie.. The update bit is what I find shocking. All good that there seems to be movement again with this roll out.. On the day that EE have announced 15 more towns and cities O2 are being quiet.
Message 114 of 141

jonsie
  • 93174 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6966 Solutions

This has been our complaint all along. Areas are being upgraded and the first people know of it is when 4G appears on their phone. Some sort of schedule is all that's needed.

Message 115 of 141

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ahhh, I understand now why O2 aren't announcing their roll out plans in Bristol.

It seems O2 and Vodafone are pooling their 4G resources, by the sounds of it Vodafone is building (and sharing with O2) their 4G masts in the South West area.  Which explains why all the planning applications seem to be in Vodafone's name only.

If I was O2, I probably wouldn't want to publicly announce 4G was coming to Bristol on day X only to be commercially responsible for a competitors delivery schedule...

Still, it's embarrassing not to have 4G in Bristol.  

Message 116 of 141

MI5
  • 144145 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
Cornerstone project.

Currently using:
Message 117 of 141

Anonymous
Not applicable

To through some fuel on the fire, a small town near me (in Scotland) has had 4G enabled...and I'm not sure why! There is a far bigger town less than 3 miles away, where I happen to live, but O2 decided that this small town decided it was better suited for 4G?

Oh...and they haven't told anyone about it or advertised the fact! wink

Message 118 of 141

jonsie
  • 93174 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6966 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Cannot believe O2 dont have a schedule page of 4G areas coming soon. Three can provide info on when 4G will be in what areas http://www.three.co.uk/Discover/When_will_I_get_4G

EE can tell you on their coverage page if that area will be getting 4G in the next 6 months.

Vodafone show if there are any plans to add 4G in the next 3 months.

Beats me why O2 can't do this if pretty much all the other networks can.

I was watching a technology programme yesterday that was talking about 5G. I wonder when we can expect to get this Whistle

Message 120 of 141