cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network Virtual Interview- 30/04/14

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Guys,

Our Network is a topic that is dear to the hearts of all of us here in O2 as well as to our customers.

We recently shared with you some of our Network stats and reinforced our overall commitment to strengthening our Network over the next few years here - and now we’re taking that a little further with you guys on the Community.

We’re having a ‘Networks’ Virtual Interview!

This is a no holds barred opportunity to ask some of our most Senior techies about our Network and our future plans. 

We have the fabulous Andy Conway and Brendan O'Reilly (and some of their teams) who look after the quality of our Network and oversee our future rollout plans. 

This is not just a 4G Virtual Interview. Our focus is just as much on our 2G and 3G networks as well, so we want to talk about all of that as well. 

We’re currently updating all of our Network throughout the UK as part of a huge modernisation programme – building a better experience for our entire customer base of 23 million.

Check out this EXCLUSIVE video with an insider view for all you guys in the Community.

The Virtual Interview will be held on the 30th of April between 12 and 1pm

To have your question answered, please make a reply post in this thread. Also, if you could write your question in bold font, it will help us to find them easily.

Remember no question is silly even if it may seem obvious so please ask away!

Thanks

Brad

Message 1 of 49
48 REPLIES 48

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes that's a very good idea @jonsie
Message 11 of 49

gemz4the1
Level 23: Casual Specs
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous 

I have been an O2 customer for many years, but I feel that since the roll out of 4G, my signal has become worse.  Yes I am able to 'sometimes' get 4G, but even the 3G is poor sometimes.  It is not just the data, when I have data turned off, my network in general is low.  I don't seem to get more than 2 or 3 bars on the network scale as oposed to the maximum of 5.  Obviously this is a lot to some people as some areas haven't even got 3G yet.  My question is basically when will it improve? I got the email 6 months ago saying that 4G was being rolled out to my area and that the signals will improve but up to now they haven't.

Another question, I don't know if this is relevant, but when will O2 PAYG customers have an option of increasing their monthly data allowance? I am on a 1GB per month tariff and I ran out of data within 2 weeks of the tariff.  Pay Monthly customers have an option to upgrade to at least 8GB so why can't PAYG customers have the same option?

Thank you Feedback

Message 12 of 49

Anonymous
Not applicable
Brad

Signal has become one of the hottest topics for o2 over the last couple of years and has progressively got worse in many areas.

However signal isn't necessarily always the fault. Transmission of data through the fibre network is as much of an issue. Where I work I have a strong h+ signal but no capacity so it is rendered useless.

So the question is when will transmission and signal improve?
Message 13 of 49

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Brad

More and more people come on to the community complaining of poor signal and asking if o2 anything like vodafones sure signal. Now we know they do the boostbox but why is this only available to business customers is it because personal customers don't spend enough with o2?

O2 keep banging on about their fair policy for all how is that true here?

Message 14 of 49

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92909 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

TuGo is supposed to be the answer to signal problems but the app is not the answer for many people and poses problems especially for ios users. Have to agree with @Anonymous that the boostbox should be available to anyone willing to pay the quite extortionate price.

Message 15 of 49

Anonymous
Not applicable
Why is exactly why I asked about BoostBoxes in the 2nd post in this thread @jonsie

I've asked before and just been told that's how it is. Hopefully a more comprehensive explanation can be achieved in this virtual interview. slight_smile
Message 16 of 49

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

I see boostbox as becomming nearly obsolete due to o2 taking the 98% indoor coverage obligation lot in the 4g auction. Of the remaining 2% some 460000 customers how many are also going to be in adsl areas with less than the required 2mbs required for the boostbox to work.

I also see boostbox as a product or service and not related to direct network improvements that this virtual interview is about (just my take on this interview)

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 17 of 49

Anonymous
Not applicable
The trouble is that the 98% coverage is not for another 2/3 years what are people supposed to do in the meantime
Message 18 of 49

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Brad,

I also wanted to ask why does it take 5 months for a signal fix I had a problem with 2g,3g, and 4g but its like I had to chase O2 about it and keep on telling them I didnt use my phone for 2 whole months and had to go out and take a contract with EE because people were calling me and I wasnt getting no signal so I couldn't recieve or make calls.....even now signals come and go but abit better than before still because of this problem ive got 2 contracts on my name it feels like I paid for nothing untill now not good at all because ive been a O2 customer for years...but what I am trying to say is O2 should try to improve its signals or do something about it..

Message 19 of 49

Anonymous
Not applicable

When will 4G coverage be available in Northern ireland, please?

Message 20 of 49