Did you mean: 

MyO2 - Now with fingerprint login

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

Hey All,

We know how much many of you love the MyO2 app, and we wanted to let you know about a brand new update that we expect to go live in the app stores today. A new update? So what? We hear you ask. We always say how much we welcome feedback and this new update introduces one of the most requested ‘MyO2’ features you’ve been asking for… Fingerprint login! That’s right, you can forget about PIN’s and passwords – fingerprint login is here. Read on below for everything you need to know.

What’s in it for me?
Fingerprint recognition means you can sign into your MyO2 app quickly and easily - once set up, there’s no need to remember your password or PIN. And since your fingerprint is your own, it’s now more safe and secure than ever. Once you’re in the app, don’t forget you’ll have access to all of the below. Convenience literally at your fingertip:

• Check your latest balance and bill
  • Check your available data
  • Make a payment
  • Add a data or MMs bolt on
  • Check your upgrade date or cost to upgrade right now
  • Change your tariff
  • Unlatch your current device

What devices will fingerprint login work for?
At present the fingerprint login feature supports iPhone 5s and above, and Samsung Galaxy S6 and above. The app should support other Android devices with the 'Marshmallow' update and fingerprint scanning such as the Nexus 5X or 6P - If you have a device not listed, please do give it a try and send us any feedback you may have.

How do you fingerprint login?
Once updated, the app will automatically ask if you want to set fingerprint login up. You can change this settings at any time by going into the main sidebar in the app and selecting ‘Touch ID’ (for iPhone) or 'Fingerprint ID' (for Android).

So, keep your eye peeled and look out for the update landing very soon. Please do give it a go and let us know your thoughts on the new fingerprint login.

Not got the MyO2 app yet? Get it here: http://o2.uk/MyO2

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 1 of 47
46 REPLIES 46

Anonymous
Not applicable

iPhone 6 iOS 9.3.2 myo2 hasn't changed

Message 21 of 47

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144370 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27677 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

iPhone 6 iOS 9.3.2 myo2 hasn't changed

Has your MyO2 app updated today?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 22 of 47

blissgirl
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 7275 Posts
  • 46 Topics
  • 3 Solutions
Can't update mine as i have a old s3 ah well never mind
iPhone 15 plus 128Gb light pink (with Vodafone) slight_smile
Message 23 of 47

jonsie
  • 93236 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

Go to the app store then search for My O2, it should ask you to update but as you say there is no scanner on the S3. It's always as well to have the latest update though.

Message 24 of 47

blissgirl
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 7275 Posts
  • 46 Topics
  • 3 Solutions
will do @jonsie slight_smile
iPhone 15 plus 128Gb light pink (with Vodafone) slight_smile
Message 25 of 47

Anonymous
Not applicable

It's updating now @MI5

Message 26 of 47

MI5
  • 144370 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27677 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

It's updating now @MI5

You should get the fingerprint access then mate.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 27 of 47

Anonymous
Not applicable

I got the access mate but not sure how it works because it still asks me to put in my pin but fingerprint doesn't do anything

Message 28 of 47

MI5
  • 144370 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27677 Solutions
Slide open the sidebar and select "touchID".
It will then ask you if you want to enable fingerprint and tell you to touch the fingerprint sensor. Then you're all set.

Currently using:
Message 29 of 47

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

Iphone 6s ios 9.3.? myo2 7.6.0 works fine entered app using 4 digit password then it asked if I wanted to use touch said yes now works a treat

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 30 of 47