cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Microsoft Band - Coming to O2 next week!

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

Hey all,

Not so long ago 'wearables' was a word that never really existed, but it won't be long before wearables could be as common as people having mobiles phones. Because it's still a fairly new area, there's some great innovation going on and Microsoft have worked their magic on the new 'Band'. Here it is:

2243.png

With the Microsoft Band you can track your heart rate, steps, calories and even your sleep. Microsoft Band is compatible with iOS, Android and Windows Phone, so you can pair with most smartphones on the market and get your notifications straight to your wrist.

Interested? You can check it out here where it will be available to order from next Wednesday (April 15th)

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Not too bad at all, whats the damage gonna be?
Message 2 of 17

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@viridis wrote:
Not too bad at all, whats the damage gonna be?

Well they are selling them directly for £170 : http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msuk/en_GB/pdp/Microsoft-Band/productID.314504900

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 3 of 17

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93217 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6973 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Another pointless device - just use your phone and save yourself £170!

Notifications on your wrist - or maybe just look at your phone -  you have to use it to reply anyway!!

I just can't get excited about these devices, I just can't see the point - but if we all liked the same things the world would be a boring place!

Message 5 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello everyone
Well I've got the Sony Xperia Z3 and I use the Sony Smart band which is really good...
It's good to hear Microsoft are making a smart band available too..
Message 6 of 17

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Well done, you automatically get in my good books.
Message 7 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well i'm excited !!

Been waiting an age for this device Crazy 

Will be a welcome addition to my Lumia 930. I currently use a FitBit Flex, don't get me wrong is an awesome bit of kit, but the Band is Soooooo much more !! I do Canicross and Bikejor with my Dog (if you don't know what these activity's are just google) and unfortunatly the FitBit can not detect you are on a Bike not Foot, so is unable to record your distance or any of your hard work !! Also Band is so much more and off course a new toy !! Mexican Wave

As far as i am aware,The Microsoft Band is going to Retail at £169.99 same price as Microsoft Direct and considerably cheaper than an Apple Watch !!

Hoping o2 Release on 15th April as still no Pre Order online as such ..... Does any one know what the score is gonna be ? will it be a case off Log onto o2 on the 15th April or are they gonna Pre Order from Monday 13th ?? As you can tell just a wee bit excited (Easily Pleased Me) Happy Dance

Message 8 of 17

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Just keep checking here and any info will become available.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 9 of 17

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93217 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6973 Solutions

I'm certain that @Chris_K will update the thread as soon as any information is available

Message 10 of 17