Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Live Chat: Some stats!

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Live chat is often discussed here on the community and we see good and not so good experiences as you know. However, the team has been constantly working to ensure the service works in the best possible way and to improve at every possible opportunity slight_smile

With that in mind, the team has created a lovely little infographic to show how the service is doing. Check it out below! We'd also (as always) love to hear your thoughts on the service, as well suggestions for improvement.

For those who are unaware, you can start a chat conversation with one of our advisers via our Contact Us page.

Picture1.png 

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

Most people I dare suggest, would close the window in disappointment or disgust if their issue isn't resolved, especially when they are told they need to contact 202 or 4445. Or maybe I'm just too cynical....

That was the point I was making diplomatically @jonsie. No survey was sent to me to complete when I had a poor experience.....On one occasion the advisor closed the chat...the other time I did. There was no way I could express my dissatisfaction at all. Therefore the results are possibly skewed to indicate favourable results

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 11 of 18

gemz4the1
Level 23: Casual Specs
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

If people give negative answers on the survey (e.g. they were not satisifed), is it followed up by O2 or just ignored?

Message 12 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

I certainly cannot say my experience with live chat is usually very good.

Usually you end up with each dept passing the buck.

Live chat tells you to contact support, so you contact support on twiiter and they tell you to call 8002, then 8002 tells you to go into your local O2 store, and the local O2 store tells you to contact support.

I blogged about about my most recent experiences here.

Message 13 of 18

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi guys,

The survey is used to ascertain if chat conversations are effective and satisfying. Unfortunately, I dont have any exact numbers in terms of sample size, but shall see if we can share any other info slight_smile

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 14 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

Live chat as usual is 99% of the time carried out by a foreginer, you can tell this by their name, the way they type etc, it is the same as all other live chats.. they start by passing the buck to 'The Team' . . someone else comes on and you have to explain yourself all over again, it depends what the issue is, somtimes it gets resolved, at other times you get nowhere, like talking to a brick wall.

Message 15 of 18

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

My best experiences with chat has loads been via the link on the complaints page where you normally get through to a UK adviser. 

Message 16 of 18

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Not had much need myself but Im selective as to which route I use depending on the issue.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 17 of 18

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions
It's normally a complaint when I resort to live chat. The call centre is usually closed due to the time difference here but I use live chat around 8.30am UK time which is mid afternoon here.
Message 18 of 18