cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Introduction and planned changes

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi everyone,

My name is Leonard and as part of the plans we’ve been discussing in the forum, I’m been brought on board to help further evolve the forums as an exciting and interesting place for anything around O2. I’ve recently moved from warm and sunny Gibraltar, where I was responsible for the world’s largest poker community, managed by 500 freelance and full time employees across 19 different languages.

While getting up to speed with everything within O2 in recent weeks, I’ve been looking from the sidelines and I must say, I’m very excited about getting to know everyone. It’s also been great fun working with Abs, Paul and the other guys from the social media team. Over the next few months, we’ve got some great stuff planned for you.

In the next few days, we’ll be making a couple of changes to further support discussions, learning and supporting one another. Nothing too dramatic, but I just wanted to give you a quick heads up about the changes we’re planning to make:

1. Naming of ranks

The current rank structure is focused quite heavily on the word newbie and once you’re past that, you’re not really able to gain any ranks anymore. Although the rank newbie is fine, we feel that quite quickly you are no longer a newbie so we’re planning to add some more interesting ranks.

We want to make participating in the community a lot more fun and we’ll therefore implement 50+ brand new ranks (the names of which will be revealed as people start to gain them) and completely rework how those are calculated. Basically, you’ll be rewarded for any form of participation in the community and you will even keep gaining ranks on the highest levels.

2. Board structure

To make sure the boards are as active as they can be, we have looked at where the activity takes place at the moment. Some of the current sections only have 1 post per month, so we feel it’s better to merge those inactive ones.

There are two main advantages to this:

1. It’ll be easier to decide where to post
  2. For new users, it’ll be less ‘scary’ to post in an active board

After having analysed the different boards, this means we’ll move from 18 (or 22 if you’re a super user) to 9 boards.

The board structure will look as follows:

• Welcome & News
  • Pay Monthly and Pay & Go
  • Mobile or Home Broadband and Home Phone
  • O2 Wallet
  • Other Services
  • Android Devices
  • Apple Devices
  • Other Devices
  • Off topic & community suggestions 

We’ll keep all of the existing threads, but you might initially struggle to find a few, which is to be expected when something like this changes.

Other than that, we haven’t planned any major changes for the moment. However, as part of our service offering improvements, we’ll be hosting a Q&A session with our Sales & Service director who will be answering all your questions and taking your feedback and suggestions from this thread: http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Latest-O2-Info/Ask-the-Director-How-can-we-make-your-life-even-better-c... 

I’m really looking forward to working with you all and if you have any suggestions for the future, please let me know.

Hope to speak soon!

Leonard

Message 1 of 63
62 REPLIES 62

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, 

@npr:

We'll be giving the entire community the opportunity to give feedback. That means I'll just move the section. However, I can imagine some of the threads contain more sensitive posts, so I'll make all the threads invisible. If you then want one of thread back, we can always make them reappear.

I'll be available for feedback and discussions, so I don't think there's need for a superuser board. Especially with the new roles, I wouldn't know who to give access to it and who not to. Nevertheless, we'll be working on perks/privilidges for the more helpful and active users, so no worries slight_smile

In regards to technical help, I can see where you're coming from. Going forward, I'm hoping to be able to provide more transparency and pro-activity. A huge part of my job will be to round up feedback from the community and discuss that with different parts of the business. Next to that, the help of members like yourself is also extremely important, as you have very specific insights, solutions and are probably able to solve things more quickly due to your huge amount of knowledge. That's the other part of my job, helping people with similar interests get in touch. 

@sajjid:

I'm really sorry that you feel that way. Did you escalate your issue already? Drop me a PM if there is anything I can help with. I've removed your personal details from the forum - that shouldn't be public wink

@O2MACH2: 

Yes, that's a thought and it makes sense. I'd be a bit concerned "mobile phone" as a catagory would be too broad though. 

@davews & adamtemp64:

It's also something I found a bit odd when first arriving at the boards. Perhaps it's a feature we should change after the weekend. 

Cheers,

Leonard

Message 51 of 63

Anonymous
Not applicable

@perksie wrote:

Apologies for the sarcasm, I'm just puzzled why you would need O2 to inform you of one particular feature, which everyone else has had to figure out for themselves.

You asked here and were given the answer, that's it surely?

Apart from Adamtemp who else realised this? Anyway now seems Leonard has picked up on it &  thinks it is strange. Possibly altering it.

Message 52 of 63

Anonymous
Not applicable

If I remember correctly, the Superusers discovered it during beta testing.

Message 53 of 63

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yea, the backend might be a nice thing to have a look at during the weekend. Lets see what we find slight_smile
Message 54 of 63

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the instructions in changing the time... I felt a bit cheeky asking that but I see I have made quite a few here happy.
Message 55 of 63

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92928 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@O2MACH2 wrote:

If I remember correctly, the Superusers discovered it during beta testing.

That's correct @Anonymous

Message 56 of 63

Anonymous
Not applicable
What is kudos & what does it do
Message 57 of 63

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Stuart,

I'll post something on that on Monday, but it's basically just a way of saying you like a certain post. The more Kudos a post/person gets, the more popular it/he/she is slight_smile

You can give them by clicking on the thumbs up, next to Kudos.
Message 58 of 63

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for that
Message 59 of 63

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

Can we have the final info on this lots of issues re section names.

It is stated in many places that it is now unclear.

I have noticed the increase in is this payg or pay monthly (we are not mind readers)

1 Will any of the old sections be demerged.

2 After 2 months what are the statistics compared to pre change i.e. average posts a day etc to support the change.

I await the detailed usage info to support the changes.

I also am still seriously considering the level of input I give based on the results of the above.

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 60 of 63