cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Introduction and planned changes

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi everyone,

My name is Leonard and as part of the plans we’ve been discussing in the forum, I’m been brought on board to help further evolve the forums as an exciting and interesting place for anything around O2. I’ve recently moved from warm and sunny Gibraltar, where I was responsible for the world’s largest poker community, managed by 500 freelance and full time employees across 19 different languages.

While getting up to speed with everything within O2 in recent weeks, I’ve been looking from the sidelines and I must say, I’m very excited about getting to know everyone. It’s also been great fun working with Abs, Paul and the other guys from the social media team. Over the next few months, we’ve got some great stuff planned for you.

In the next few days, we’ll be making a couple of changes to further support discussions, learning and supporting one another. Nothing too dramatic, but I just wanted to give you a quick heads up about the changes we’re planning to make:

1. Naming of ranks

The current rank structure is focused quite heavily on the word newbie and once you’re past that, you’re not really able to gain any ranks anymore. Although the rank newbie is fine, we feel that quite quickly you are no longer a newbie so we’re planning to add some more interesting ranks.

We want to make participating in the community a lot more fun and we’ll therefore implement 50+ brand new ranks (the names of which will be revealed as people start to gain them) and completely rework how those are calculated. Basically, you’ll be rewarded for any form of participation in the community and you will even keep gaining ranks on the highest levels.

2. Board structure

To make sure the boards are as active as they can be, we have looked at where the activity takes place at the moment. Some of the current sections only have 1 post per month, so we feel it’s better to merge those inactive ones.

There are two main advantages to this:

1. It’ll be easier to decide where to post
  2. For new users, it’ll be less ‘scary’ to post in an active board

After having analysed the different boards, this means we’ll move from 18 (or 22 if you’re a super user) to 9 boards.

The board structure will look as follows:

• Welcome & News
  • Pay Monthly and Pay & Go
  • Mobile or Home Broadband and Home Phone
  • O2 Wallet
  • Other Services
  • Android Devices
  • Apple Devices
  • Other Devices
  • Off topic & community suggestions 

We’ll keep all of the existing threads, but you might initially struggle to find a few, which is to be expected when something like this changes.

Other than that, we haven’t planned any major changes for the moment. However, as part of our service offering improvements, we’ll be hosting a Q&A session with our Sales & Service director who will be answering all your questions and taking your feedback and suggestions from this thread: http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Latest-O2-Info/Ask-the-Director-How-can-we-make-your-life-even-better-c... 

I’m really looking forward to working with you all and if you have any suggestions for the future, please let me know.

Hope to speak soon!

Leonard

Message 1 of 63
62 REPLIES 62

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi npr, 

As far as I can see, the superuser section consists of two areas:

1. Giving feedback to different O2 teams

2. Providing feedback about the community

I'd like to give the entire community the opportunity to provide such feedback. 

I can't argue with that, but please keep Superuser Discussions out of the public forum.

"Regarding your other points: Do you feel mobile broadband should be added to the "other services" board? I'll send you a PM about the technical help in a sec as it might derail the thread a bit."

I mainly frequent the "Home broadband / Home phone", I don't care where "mobile internet" is moved provided it's not "Home broadband".
One is over telephone wires the other is wifi and not home and not broadband.

Thanks for the PM about technical help, but I prefer to answer in the forum and keep it public and open for debate.

If you spend 20 minutes browsing the broadband topic you'll see what I mean. I'm sure you'll find no technical help offered by a O2 rep for over two years (if not longer).
There's a few regulars who've kept thing's ticking over, often finding a solution where O2's call centre and guru's failed.

Earlier this year there was major issues with O2's network, causing packet loss to some sites especially the BBC site. This went on for a couple of weeks. During that time there was no meaningful posts by O2 in the forum and little recognition of the problem on O2's status page. It was left to the regulars to point user to the Be status page and the Beusergroup for news / progress on the problem.  

The following links to beusergroup archive will give you a flavour of this issue and the dates to compare with forum postings ( or lack of ) around that time.

http://beusergroup.co.uk/index.php?id=832
http://beusergroup.co.uk/index.php?id=829
http://beusergroup.co.uk/index.php?id=827

Message 41 of 63

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have to contact you as I cannot contact complaints review as the customer service and managers are really really poor and have disconnecteted my broadband and telephone service. my number is xxxxxxxx  there is no one else I can speak to who is higher then complaints review.

These are other issues I have had with 02 since August 2011

- been disconnected twice when specifically told not too for house move
- engineer never turned up twice when he was suppose to
- customer service staff giving wrong information and O2 were apologetic 
- had me on the wrong package
- Over billed me for 4 months then fixed that problem
- iv had 3 different phone numbers
- never had internet for a month where 02 have sent me a dongel to use
- lots incentives have been added to my account because of bad customer service
- and just general really really poor customer service
- me and my wife were PAYG customers and Had our numbers for over 10 years and topped up roughly over £20,000 in 10 years. I'm getting PUK  code to move network too.
I have had recent issue with complaints giving me wrong information and being really adamant that they are right when I no they are lying. I am in the process of changing providers. Complaints and Customer service procedures in Broadband are appauling. In 10 years on PAYG 02 customer was really good this is the reason I came to 02, but made a big mistake. 
Message 42 of 63

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi stuart,

Well, the content in the forums is basically up to all of you. I'd like to work on that collaboratively.

For example, we could make a sticky in the Pay Monthly and Pay & Go forums that (amongst other important info) links the latest tariff info.

That should make it a lot easier to be well informed slight_smile

Thanks,
Leonard
Message 43 of 63

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
@O2MACH2:
Are you talking about the mobile broadband and home broadband boards? If so, it might be better to add mobile broadband to other services.

No, I'm saying that mobile phone and home broadband would be better having separate log-ins.

Where O2 decide to place mobile broadband is their decision. Logically, I would place it in the mobile phone section.

There must be many forum members who have only an interest in either mobile phone/mobile broadband or home broadband/home phone so it would be advantageous to have separate log-ins.

Edit : I also think the main O2 website should have the same separate sections as regards log-in. I'm not thinking different usernames for each section just separate log-in. 

Message 44 of 63

Anonymous
Not applicable
Further on the Lithium forum interface, would it possible to have actual posting times against postings. Currently it says things like '7 hours ago' or 'yesterday'. The latter in particular is not very helpful when I visit first thing in the morning. Something like 2315 (or 11.15 pm) would be a lot better. But I appreciate that it is probably the way Lithium does it and cannot be changed...
Message 45 of 63

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

this is changed in your settings My Settings : Preferences : display turn off

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 46 of 63

Anonymous
Not applicable

@adamtemp64 wrote:

this is changed in your settings My Settings : Preferences : display turn off

How on earth did you find that? A lot better now, thanks. The original system was rubbish, the "turn off" selection should be the default. Would of been nice of o2 to have brought this to our attention.

Message 47 of 63

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

How on earth did you find that?  Would of (sic) been nice of o2 to have brought this to our attention.

Perhaps they should have had a manual printed and sent out to you?

All you need to know is readily available if you look around.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 48 of 63

Anonymous
Not applicable

@perksie wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

How on earth did you find that?  Would of (sic) been nice of o2 to have brought this to our attention.

Perhaps they should have had a manual printed and sent out to you?

All you need to know is readily available if you look around.

I was only making an observation, there is no need to be so sarcastic. It's not something you would expect to find trawling through the settings. Like davews I thought it was the way the new forum "done" things.

Message 49 of 63

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Apologies for the sarcasm, I'm just puzzled why you would need O2 to inform you of one particular feature, which everyone else has had to figure out for themselves.

You asked here and were given the answer, that's it surely?

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 50 of 63