Did you mean: 

Introduce yourself on the O2 Community!

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi all,

I'd like to welcome one and all to the O2 Community! Its a great place to get advice, post your feedback and talk about your ideas for the network. If you have a question that you need some advice on, head over to the devices section or the other products and services section. You can also get rewarded for helping others as well chat about anything you like in the off-topic section.

I'm Toby, the community coordinator of the forum. I also work with Marjo who is the head of community and Marina who is also a community coordinator like me. I've been working on the community since August 2012. It's been great so far and I look forward to hearing from many more of you slight_smile

If you have any questions about the forum, suggestions or just want to have chat, please don't hesitate to give me a shout. 

Hope to speak soon!

Toby

- This is a brand new 'Introduce yourself' thread, but you can find the old one HERE

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 1 of 758
757 REPLIES 757

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93157 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

@perksie wrote:

@jonsie wrote:

I don't understand the seemingly reluctance of O2 to keep customers informed instead of guessing as to the recent problems.

Back to the old ways after making lots of promises. Smiley Frustrated

Even GiffGaff are kept up to date.

Shows it can be done,  o2 think it's ok to treat everyone like mushrooms. ..

Message 371 of 758

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Toby wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Yes @viridis I suspect your right regarding the members we can only speculate about gg it's much more clear cut for O2 itself.
I'm quite interested to see how the two communities compare and contrast @Anonymous_
I'mpinkcalculator in most places slight_smile

I've worked on both and I think they both work rather well wink

I'd be really interested to hear some comparisons though 

I could almost write an essay on how the two compare, but I'll just share a few observations:

The O2 Community seems a lot cleaner in its presentation, much more organised than giffgaff's, which seems rather bloated nowadays, and despite recent attempts to modernise its appearance, there's just too much going on. To be fair though, giffgaff does have a much busier community, but a lot of that forum activity is driven by payback, rather than any genuine desire to help out. Having said that, a new payback reform is being introduced next month, which will hopefully encourage and promote the right kind of behaviours.

I don't think that the two communities are that different as far as attitudes are concerned, but this one seems a little more relaxed, which I like. Communication on giffgaff can be poor at times, and a lot of important discussion threads do tend to suffer from a lack of input from staff. Being relatively new here, I've yet to form an opinion on how conscientious O2's staff are in that regard.

And speaking of staff, they have "educators", whereas we have "moderators" on here. It may seem a small detail, but I've always found the term "educator" to be somewhat patronising.

Message 372 of 758

Cleoriff
  • 122769 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

I joined the giffgaff community some time back. (I had a sim to use in a PAYG phone). I found it extremely top heavy with people answering the same question ..with the same answer.

The disturbing thing at that time were the amount of kudos given to members. All a bit OTT in my opinion...and disorganised. As I say that was then....it may have improved...I didn't stay around to find out....Confused

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 373 of 758

Anonymous
Not applicable

I think on help there is an overload of people rushing in and huge walls of txt with loads of links, this drives me mad as I prefer to reply to the direct question asked and then guide people through one or two steps at a time, though I  appreciate some people want to know everything all at once so they only need both coming on once. The new ideas and quizes platforms has been instigated too though theres still work to be done on the quizes, the effort put in by the staff is massive and I think thats clearly seen. 

I am finding this community more difficult to find my around but theres an app for the gg community which has made it too easy. I now have a new toy so I will be making an effort to use full site more which shoulkd make it easier on here too.

I can feel the same friendly feel in this communty as I did when I first joined gg and the light banter.

if any of you poke your heads in on gg do pm me my username is the same in most places though I think tripadvisor is one of the few places I have a diffrent user name.

Right I had better carry on updating and downloading on my new toy Destroy

Message 374 of 758

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
I joined gg once but one of the coordinators called Toby was a real git.
Dunno what happened to him..
Message 375 of 758

Cleoriff
  • 122769 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

I honestly feel its all a question of what you are used to @Anonymous. I was used to this set up and found GG difficult to navigate. (each to their own :smileywink:)

I don't doubt the amount of work by GG members but unless it's changed radically the kudo system was abused. People getting 12-15 kudo's for one post was a bit extreme.

Our moderators rarely get involved in threads unless they are called in for whatever reason. This allows posters on here the freedom to be educated by knowledgeable users ...which is a brilliant way to learn.

I always feel very happy on here to ask any technical questions... without being made to feel a fool.Smiley LOL.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 376 of 758

Anonymous
Not applicable
oh I think that was a Tobias you mean can't think where he went ..........
Message 377 of 758

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
That's the one, Tobias.
Message 378 of 758

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122769 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

@viridis wrote:
That's the one, Tobias.

Never heard of him....Whistle

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 379 of 758

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I can feel the same friendly feel in this communty as I did when I first joined gg and the light banter.

Pop into Wanty's when you want some light relief: http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Off-topic/Wanty-s-New-Place/m-p/247993/highlight/true#M39

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 380 of 758