Did you mean: 

Huawei MediaPad M1 - Out now!

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

Hey there everyone,

I know our community members love a bit of tablet talk now and then, and always rub their hands together with new tablet news, so I've got one here you might be interested in. I know, I know - looks like an HTC One from the front, and an iPhone from the back, right? I must admit, I really am a big fan of how it looks - how about you?

123.png345.png

Here's all the awesome speccy goodness crammed into this neat little package:
Display: 8" HD Screen
Storage: 8GB built-in, MicroSD optional and up to 32GB supported
Audio: Dual-front facing speakers
Connectivity: Wifi, 3G & 4G

The cost for this tidy little tablet? From free on O2 Refresh, or just £219.99 on Pay & Go. Get yours here now > https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/tablets/huawei/mediapad-m1-8.0/

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
Very nice @Chris_K

I'll leave the others to pick at the bones of the deals / offers ,while I sit back and enjoy the look and specs of this device. slight_smile

Any idea when the working demo models will be in the O2 high street stores ?
Message 11 of 15

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143435 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Chris_K any updates regarding the bones I picked ?

(as a potential customer for one of these I see them as rather large leg bones ;))

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 12 of 15

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

Eek, massive apologies for the delay everyone - I've been enjoying a few days off, but back in the office with a mug of coffee, a red bull, a mountain dew, a monster and a few pro plus!
@MI5 I'm not sure if it's an error that's since been fixed, but I've been able to add the tablet on a 4G plan okay... Did the error pop up before this point? After?

With regards to calling/texting - Have you seen anywhere that these are officially supported by the tablet? An 8" tablet is unlikely to be used by many as an actual handset for calling or texting, especially with O2 TU Go which could be a more attractive option as opposed to potentially paying more per month for a bundle that includes voice minutes and SMS - which many people may have as unlimited on their mobile tariff (and can hence be shared with the tablet by means of TU Go)

Message 13 of 15

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143435 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

Hi @Chris_K 

Yes, the 4g error does now appear fixed, however, regarding the point about calls and texts, it is one of the features of this tablet that makes it different from "all the others" out there and many will want this feature (if only occasionally)....

I have an Asus Fonepad 7 currently which I take away with me when travelling, to save carrying too many devices as it will perform as a laptop and phone (with headphones, not holding it to my ear lol) all in one. My feelings are that O2 are missing a chance..... Just my opinion though and by no means am I an authority on the subject - I'm sure your marketing team have got it right.......

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 14 of 15

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

Hi @Chris_K 

Yes, the 4g error does now appear fixed, however, regarding the point about calls and texts, it is one of the features of this tablet that makes it different from "all the others" out there and many will want this feature (if only occasionally)....

I have an Asus Fonepad 7 currently which I take away with me when travelling, to save carrying too many devices as it will perform as a laptop and phone (with headphones, not holding it to my ear lol) all in one. My feelings are that O2 are missing a chance..... Just my opinion though and by no means am I an authority on the subject - I'm sure your marketing team have got it right.......

Good to hear the 4G error is sorted - sorry I didn't get to see it sooner to highlight it to the website team, but it sounds likely they found the error themselves or via other feedback to get it sorted swiftly.

I totally get where you're coming from around 'consolodating devices'... It's one less thing to carry about in our busy lives, right? I've already sent your feedback to our team and it might be something they'll be able to consider in the future for such devices but for the Huawei M1, it's a data-only SIM plan it comes with I'm afraid... I see no reason why a standard SIM Only wouldn't work, it's just that officially it wouldn't be supported I'm afraid.

Message 15 of 15