Did you mean: 

HTC One M8. It's the one...

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

Hi Everyone,

We’ve got something extra special to announce today! You may remember our little teaser last week and we’ve seen some thoughts from you around what you think the new device may bring… But, it’s here and it’s official.

Ladies and gentlemen, meet the all-new HTC One (M8)
BjlOtrtCcAErP8Z.jpg large.jpg

Looks familiar? A lot of the fantastic HTC One design that won so many awards in 2013 has been kept the same. It has a 90% aluminium unibody adding strength and durability without added weight or bulk. Not to mention it feels incredible in your hand with no sharp edges.

So what’s new? Glad you asked! Multimedia lovers and photography buffs unite – the new HTC One takes what it had before, and made it even better. Check out some of the features below that we’re sure will whet your appetite:

Duo Camera – The phone retains its impressive ‘UltraPixel’ tech from the 2013 HTC One, so your photos will look amazing in daylight or at night. With the Duo Camera though, the phone takes layers of the same photo which gives you ultimate control over your photos… Change the focus point *after* you’ve taken the photo, blur the background or foreground, or even add 3D effects.

HTC Boomsound™ – Like music? Like movies? Boomsound™ will make it all sound fantastic. There are two high quality speakers on the front of the phone so music is directed straight at you. There are dedicated amplifiers and mixing software too that automatically adjusts the sound to the music that’s playing. All of this helps to provide a powerful, clear sound with virtually no distortion.

Motion Launch™ - No more fumbling with buttons. Simply put the phone to your ear to answer a call, access apps with a single swipe or use voice control to dial one of your contacts. And if you want to see your apps, just swipe left when your screen is off.

Official Specs
CPU: Qualcomm Snapdragon™ 801, quad-core
Memory: 2GB RAM
Storage: 16GB or 32GB built-in
, up to 128GB expandable SD-card slot
Display: 5", Full HD 1080P
Duo Camera: HTC UltraPixel™ camera, BSI sensor, pixel size 2.0 um, sensor size 1/3”, f/2.0, 28mm lens
Front Camera: 5MP, BSI sensor, wide angle lens with HDR capability
Battery: 2600mAh
Full Spec List here: http://po.st/HTConeM8

Availability
Want it now? Get it now! The following London stores have stock on a first come, first served basis.
- Tottenham Court Rd
- 351 Oxford Street
- King's Rd
- Westfield White City
- Westfield Stratford

Available to purchase now online, on O2 Refresh or on Pay & Go. Available in Metal Grey with 'Gold' coming soon. Grab it now, now, now > http://po.st/HTConeM8

To top it all off, we now have some awesome videos from the guru team, starting with a round-up of the M8:

Check out these other videos too!

- New Premium Design Features

- Duo Camera Test and Review

- Motion Launch Feature: First Look

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Toby.

Being a fan of smaller phones, I am feeling a bit left out! Haven't even got KitKat on the HTC One mIni yet....

Thanks again

Message 11 of 15

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Hey 777GE90,

We're waiting on news about KitKat on certain phones too. When we find out, I'll let you know!
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 12 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

I assume the phone is locked to O2 as usual?

Message 13 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, no, O2 contract phone, officially unlocked with code provided by O2....
Message 14 of 15

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Hi guys,

FYI, a member of the HTC team is sat with Brad right now and can answer any questions you have about the new M8's Duo camera. Post a question in the link below!

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Android-Devices-Samsung-HTC-Sony/HTC-One-M8-Urgent/td-p/643241
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 15 of 15