Did you mean: 

HTC A9 - Coming soon!

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

Hey all,

It was announced by HTC a few weeks ago and it'll be available to order with O2 very soon, so eyes peeled here > https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/phones/htc/one-a9/

htc-one-a9-gallery-img-5-161015.jpg

As you can see, it's very pretty (or if you're macho, let's just call it sleek!) and retains some premium design cues from other HTC handsets such as a metal design! To match the looks, there's a toughened glass screen to protect from scratches as well as a toughened glass lens to protect the main camera.

Check out more specs and features below:
- 5" Full HD display w/ Gorilla Glass 4

- Secure fingerprint scanner

24-bit, Hi-Res sound, and Dolby Audio surround sound

- 16GB internal storage with up to 2TB (!!!!) expandable via MicroSDXC

- Comes with Android 6.0 Marshmallow and HTC Sense

- 13MP back camera w/ 5MP front 'Ultrapixel'

What you think... Love the looks? Like the sound of the specs and features? Want one?! Let us know below

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

@Bambino wrote:

I've become a confirmed Nexus lover. At the moment I have the Nexus 5 and can't decide between the 5x or the 6p. This new HTC phone doesn't seem like it can compete with either of those phones.

A very good choice @Bambino. I've been consistently impressed by the Nexuses (Nexi? Nexus?)

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 11 of 19

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

@Toby wrote:

@Bambino wrote:

I've become a confirmed Nexus lover. At the moment I have the Nexus 5 and can't decide between the 5x or the 6p. This new HTC phone doesn't seem like it can compete with either of those phones.

A very good choice @Bambino. I've been consistently impressed by the Nexuses (Nexi? Nexus?)

Nexus​es or Nex'uses 

http://www.yourdictionary.com/nexus

Message 12 of 19

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

My first smart phone was the HTC Desire, which I used for a long time until the amount of memory became an issue. It was a good phone, and I think HTC makes quality equipment, but I like the Nexus because it's pure Android. Google loads enough of their own bloatware without having to deal with the manufacturer's junk as well. I have the option to install Marshmallow, but still haven't done it yet. I should, really. Maybe later this week.

@viridis can I ask why you appear to be anti the Nexus 6p? I've read some really good reviews. The only thing putting me off is the size. I looked at one in CPW, but they didn't have a demo that wasn't tethered to security. I need to see if it will be comfortable in my pocket. I'm leaning towards the 5x anyway, but I just want to see what the 6p really feels like.

Apologies to @Chris_K for hijacking the thread. wink

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 13 of 19

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
I'm not anti 6p @Bambino I meant it as "nah, the htc cannot compete with the 6p"
Message 14 of 19

Cleoriff
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

For me nowadays a phone has to have a big screen. ..and be Samsung. I make no apologies for saying I dont need a phone to do everything. I like to be comfortable using it and am perfectly aware I don't use my Note 3 to it's full capability. I am constantly amazed at what phones can do....I just don't need them to do it for me tongue

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 15 of 19

Cairdeas
Level 23: Casual Specs
  • 3570 Posts
  • 34 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

I'm the same @Cleoriff..tho I'm learning a lot on here. I was showing off my light notifications with pride to my aunt tonight. I'm easily pleased lol tongue x

giphy-3
Message 16 of 19

Cleoriff
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Do you know what pleases me more than anything @Cairdeas? When my lads say.....Look at Mum...with her swanky phone, talking about stuff we have no idea about. (These were the same lads that dragged me kicking and screaming into the smartphone world just under 3 years ago) ... ...So however limited my knowledge really is ...they think they have a cool mum and that makes me happy ...LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 17 of 19

Cairdeas
Level 23: Casual Specs
  • 3570 Posts
  • 34 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

you are cool! We can give the young ones a good run @Cleoriff Smiley Very Happy x

giphy-3
Message 18 of 19

blissgirl
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 7221 Posts
  • 46 Topics
  • 3 Solutions
aww that;s lovely @Cleoriff slight_smile
iPhone 15 plus 128Gb light pink (with Vodafone) slight_smile
Message 19 of 19