Did you mean: 

Get involved with the DooWapp BETA!

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi guys,

As you know, we often have small BETA trials for new products and the feedback you’ve given during these times has been fantastic. We’ve been given the chance to get involved with a great new app called DooWapp and you guys can have first access. Fantastic

DooWapp enables you to search for and insert music and lyrics into a message to a loved one or friend. The O2 Community will be hosting a trial for the DooWapp guys, to gather any feedback, suggestions, issues and ideas that you think of. Check out the FAQs below for more info:

http://doowapp.me/faq.html

Here on the community, we’ll be creating a new board soon for this trial, as well as ensuring any useful info is posted there. We’ll also have a feedback thread and ensure that you are updated as much as possible with what’s going on behind the scenes with developing the app. Click here to visit the DooWapp Community Board

This has come to us as a result of the brilliant insights you all share regularly! DooWapp is supported by Wayra, which is a Telefónica company that helps out interesting start-ups.

I’m sure that many of you will get involved with this. So, let us know your thoughts below! slight_smile

DooWapp_BetaDownload_Banner_01.jpeg

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
Mario, one question.
Attaching the music / lyrics to a message, would that be mms? Or a wifi enabled variant?
In the age of WhatsApp it's gotta be the latter surely, if not, and it's via mms, I'm afraid I won't install.
Message 2 of 22

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92917 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 3 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

Seems like a pointless app to me! But that's just me!

Message 4 of 22

jonsie
  • 92917 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
Yes it seems to be via a messaging app.
Message 6 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jonsie wrote:

It does say free messaging...

It doesn't! It says it's a free messaging app - the app is free!

Message 7 of 22

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Yes, it's a messaging app, so should be no MMS. Similar to some other messaging apps out there, but has music and lyrics -related features and can also link to music streaming services. Let me confirm with the DooWapp guys just to double check about the data! slight_smile

Message 8 of 22

jonsie
  • 92917 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

Ok I'm sold....download link please asap 😊

Let us get the board up and running, need to prepare a few things first, and then you can download. slight_smile

Just got confirmation that the app indeed uses wifi, no MMS. And if you happen to disconnect from wifi, it will use carrier data.

Message 10 of 22