Did you mean: 

Community rewards June 2016

Martin-O2
Former Staff
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hey guys, 

It's been a crazy month with all the politics and wet weather we've been having but there's one thing you can rely on to put a smile back on your face, the community rewards! 

For those not in the know each month we like to reward members who have made an extra effort in the O2 community with discounts for their Pay as you Go or Pay monthly accounts.

We also ask you, the community to nominate a post or topic that you you felt made an awesome contribution to the community. This months nomination winner was @Anonymous's brilliant review of the Microsoft Lumia 550

The remaining rewarded members are listed below. If your on the list please send me a private message with the O2 number you'd like credited. 

Gold - £20 Credit/Monthly Discount

@MI5

@Cleoriff

@Anonymous - Nomination winner!

Silver - £10 Credit:smileywink:/Monthly Discount

@jonsie

@Anonymous

@viridis

@Bambino

Bronze - £5 Credit/Monthly Discount

@Beenherebefore

@gindygoo

@PhoneDoc

@adamtemp64

Copper - £2.50 Credit/Monthly Discount

@Curr946

@gmarkj

@PhoneChanger

@Cairdeas

@Anonymous

@Daddydoink

@Anonymous

@Anonymous

@Anonymous

@Anonymous

@Anonymous

@darrengf

@evantkh

A big thank you to all for your efforts over the last month! 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 45
44 REPLIES 44

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

It is @MI5 I am referring to. Look at his post count and solutions and compare that with a review. I have many solutions this month. Maybe that has been removed from the magical formula. I have so much going on at the moment that maybe my time is better spent elsewhere? 

Message 31 of 45

Cleoriff
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

It is @MI5 I am referring to. Look at his post count and solutions and compare that with a review. I have many solutions this month. Maybe that has been removed from the magical formula. I have so much going on at the moment that maybe my time is better spent elsewhere? 

No it damn well wouldn't actually @jonsie!

I rely so much on you and @MI5 to stop me sliding back into the world of technophobia. Others rely on you as well...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 32 of 45

jonsie
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

I hate to throw excrement into the fan but I felt it had to be said. Disillusioned with it all? Damn right I am.

Message 33 of 45

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi @jonsie,

As more members have joined the community, the amount of rewarded members have spread out a bit. The lower tiers have started to include more members, as more are offering to help and comment on the community. Platinum rewards are still here. It's just a very high amount to achieve and sometimes it doesn't happen.

Nothing has changed from our side at all and I shan't be going into detail as to how the rewards are calculated as you know. It is based on a number of different factors.

If you feel that a certain member has been under-rewarded, feel free to send me a PM with the details. Happy to discuss it, but if its about a certain person, it needs to be done privately :).

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 34 of 45

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions

@Toby wrote:

Hi @jonsie,

As more members have joined the community, the amount of rewarded members have spread out a bit. The lower tiers have started to include more members, as more are offering to help and comment on the community. Platinum rewards are still here. It's just a very high amount to achieve and sometimes it doesn't happen.

Nothing has changed from our side at all and I shan't be going into detail as to how the rewards are calculated as you know. It is based on a number of different factors.

If you feel that a certain member has been under-rewarded, feel free to send me a PM with the details. Happy to discuss it, but if its about a certain person, it needs to be done privately :).

If I may.

@MI5

The workload done by him is rivalled only by paid members of o2 customer service staff, and even then most times they come here. Seriously, I look at boardreader and see his 300~ posts per week and each month for the last 4 months or so, seen rewards and just thought it's not relative anymore. 

@jonsie is posting from literally half the world away, and I imagine his wife is a bit perplexed as to why. As, apparently jonsie is getting too.

Just my opinion, but I'd be lying if I said I felt otherwise. 

Message 35 of 45

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

They are both fantastic here @viridis. Absolutely no arguments from me slight_smile

Get involved:

Message 36 of 45

jonsie
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

@Toby

I'm trying to justify mine and @MI5 existence here. At the moment I and I'm sure others are completely baffled. How does someone who has started a thread to solely complain justify a reward. Makes no sense to the many regulars. As you know there are some 6 hours time difference here and I log on when most in the UK are asleep.

I'm sorry if the question has caused a problem but I think I'm justified in asking. How does someone with more posts and solutions, not counting kudos, receive the same award as someone doing a one-off review? I really do wonder if the algorithm needs to be dumped to coin a phrase.

Message 37 of 45

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi @jonsie,

We can review the system at any time and I definitely will here if there is a frustration. One-off reviews are also really valuable to us and said members and should absolutely be rewarded, especially when its a nomination from other members.

Members who complain can often have very valuable points to make and comments that we can learn from and share with the rest of the team. They may also help others while here. I get your point and we'll review it, but this can and will happen occasionally.

Rewards are  way of us saying thanks for sharing good feedback, helping others and creating lovely content that's interesting to others. It shouldn't however be the sole reason to exist here on the community and that's not why we do it. If you want to be a part of the community, that's great and entirely any member's personal choice :).

Get involved:

Message 38 of 45

Cleoriff
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Ok then let me have my say openly @Toby. I don't post for rewards. I don't need them and they weren't here when I started on the forum. However, it was introduced and was a nice gesture on the part of O2.

I do get a lot of solutions...but rarely for anything technical.

So ...I learn every day from the experts on here. Three years on and I am considered an 'expert' by my family...(a bit of a joke...but everything I tell them is because I have learnt from guys I consider untouchable with their knowledge and expertise on here)

My comments are personal to me...It simply means there is no way I should be getting the same reward as @MI5 or @jonsie (on a lighter note this doesn't mean you can slide me down the ladder....LOL)

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 39 of 45

jonsie
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

@Toby wrote:

Hi @jonsie,

We can review the system at any time and I definitely will here if there is a frustration. One-off reviews are also really valuable to us and said members and should absolutely be rewarded, especially when its a nomination from other members.

Members who complain can often have very valuable points to make and comments that we can learn from and share with the rest of the team. They may also help others while here. I get your point and we'll review it, but this can and will happen occasionally.

Rewards are  way of us saying thanks for sharing good feedback, helping others and creating lovely content that's interesting to others. It shouldn't however be the sole reason to exist here on the community and that's not why we do it. If you want to be a part of the community, that's great and entirely any member's personal choice :).

Sounds a little like an ultimatum @Toby and gets away completely from the point I was trying to make

Rewards to any of us have always been a bonus and are by no means an incentive to post to try and help fellow customers. Don't take this personal but you must have seen an increase in post count at the beginning and end of every month. Most of us have been here long before rewards were introduced and quite happy to pass knowledge and understanding to customers. 

This is the reason we are here. If you think otherwise I will gladly donate my rewards to a charity of your choice and I'm sure others will do the same.

This is essentially a customer help forum when all is said and done don't you think?

Message 40 of 45