Did you mean: 

Check out O2 Drive

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi guys,

Some of you may have recently heard about and checked out O2 Drive and we'd love to hear from you!

For those who are unaware, O2 Drive is a competitive car insurance option, including discounted car servicing, MOT, repairs and general maintenance. You should be able to see the app on Google Play and in the App Store. O2 Drive also includes tips on how to become a safer driver and offers some exclusive perks as well as the usual O2 Priority perks, even when you’re not on O2. For our existing O2 customers on a pay monthly tariff, you can benefit from some great discounts!

- You’ll be able see O2 Drive listed on comparison websites like www.comparethemarket.com and www.moneysupermarket.com. You can get a quote or talk about an existing quote and can access your insurance details via MyO2. You can also view any policy details on MyO2
- You'll find some common O2 Drive FAQ’s here: http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Welcome-News/O2-Drive-FAQ-s/td-p/990467

- For those wanting to know more about O2 Drive, including any technical questions, you can chat to a dedicated support team via our O2 Drive Chat option here: http://drive.o2.co.uk/o2drive

- To get a quote, head to http://o2.uk/O2DriveQuote

- For retrieving a quote already offered to you, head to http://o2.uk/omQdyK

-  If you’re an existing O2 Drive customer and want to discuss something about your policy, you can talk to the chat team via the link above.

Got a car and looking to renew your policy, or shop around for a better price or better cover? Make sure to check out O2 Drive and let us know your thoughts! I'd love to hear from anyone who has taken a look.

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
After getting messaged about o2 car insurance everyday for the past week or so thought I'd check it out. £2100 for the year compared to the £600 I'm currently paying! I'll give it a miss thanks.
Also still being inundated with texts everyday about it....very annoying!
Message 12 of 18

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous Just block the number to stop the texts. Or choose the opt out of information that usually comes with any text from O2

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 13 of 18

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I got a quote when they first started this venture. I couldn't belive their quotes, treble what I was paying. Most companies offer you a sweetener for the first year then hit you with crazy renewal quotes but O2 seem to go straight for the jugular immediately.

Quote from the web page :

Quotes for existing O2 customers 
Your quote is determined by factors like your postcode, car type, driving experience and no claims discount. But if you're already with O2 on a consumer tariff, we’ll use your information to try and help get you a better quote. This will be based on things like how long you’ve been with O2, your payment history and your device. 

We'll know if you're an O2 customer, as you'll be asked to provide your mobile number when you get a quote. 

It doesn't matter if you're not with O2, we’ll still try our hardest to find you the best quote possible.

I particularly liked this bit....

And if you're already with O2 on a consumer tariff, we might be able to get you a better price on your car insurance because we know you.

Message 14 of 18

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

I got a quote when they first started this venture. I couldn't belive their quotes, treble what I was paying. Most companies offer you a sweetener for the first year then hit you with crazy renewal quotes but O2 seem to go straight for the jugular immediately.

Quote from the web page :

Quotes for existing O2 customers 
Your quote is determined by factors like your postcode, car type, driving experience and no claims discount. But if you're already with O2 on a consumer tariff, we’ll use your information to try and help get you a better quote. This will be based on things like how long you’ve been with O2, your payment history and your device. 

We'll know if you're an O2 customer, as you'll be asked to provide your mobile number when you get a quote. 

It doesn't matter if you're not with O2, we’ll still try our hardest to find you the best quote possible.

I particularly liked this bit....

And if you're already with O2 on a consumer tariff, we might be able to get you a better price on your car insurance because we know you.

LOLLOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 15 of 18

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Change your contact preferences in your MyO2.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 16 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

This is the start of my journey in which I am going to expose the poor level of customer service keycare provide and the untrustworthy way in which hey operate.

On Friday 18th August, I dedcided to take my young children 2 and 6 to birmingham sealife centre for a day out. During my trip somehow my silver key part had detached from the fob of my peuogot key. When I left my car my key was 100 per cent in tact and in know way damaged or broken. All I had left was a plactic key fob. I was clearly panicked when this came to light when we were back at the car, but felt some sense of calm knowing that my insurance policy had keycare cover.
My phone battery had died so I went back to the sealife centre to see if my key had been handed in and asked kindly to borrow their phone.

I got through to keycare and explained my situation, to be told that I am not covered??????? !!!

I was shocked to say the least....You had made an exclusion which is totally ridiculous! I had lost my key! It was not damaged or broken at the start of the day and I was now with two children and no transport and 60 odd miles from home!

They lady said there was nothing she could do and I would have to find help elsewhere!

By this point I was crying and shaken up. She hung up the phone and left me and my children in despair.

Now I feel that the point in which you wish not to cover me is a cop out..and you are cheating customers out of money! and giving them false reassurance by having this rubbish policy! Also you are encouraging people to lie! I told the truth and all I got was a kick in the teeth!

My main isusse here is that the call was dealt with no compassion, empathy or was any level of customer care delivered.

The advisor was aware that I had no mobile phone and had all the infformation and numbers to help me with a matter of seconds! Instead left me to deal with this myself whilst trying to control my emotions and my children.

I hope that you can see the lack of customer experience I have recieved and I look forward to hearing from you. I am now out of pocket for the replacement key and the upset that we dealt with is not repairable.

I am giving you that oppertunity to rectify this I will then be asking for a copy of the recording and I am going to warn people about these false policies and what bad customer service sounds like.

I would like a resolution asap as I am not dragging this terrible situation on any further.

Message 17 of 18

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
This isn't customer service so O2 will not see this and respond to you.
You need to make an official complaint here https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 18 of 18