cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

#BloodBikeDay- Today

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Guys,

You may have seen that we support the Blood Bikers- Who are they?

Well Blood Bikers are one of the unseen emergency services, they're unpaid professionals who volunteer to distribute, Blood, test results, donated breast milk for premature babies and may other really important medical items around the country when people need it the most.

You're never really likely to know if you have had anything from them, but if you've ever needed the above they'll have been the ones that helped in your hour of need.

BB_Twitter_banner-1500x500_text.jpg

O2 is really proud to support such dedicated people.

So today we're supporting Blood Bike Day, in very much the O2 way, we're be doing some competitions through the @O2Businessuk twitter account as well as @O2Music so keep your eyes peeled for those.

Prizes are England Rugby Shirts, Amazon vouchers, O2 Academy vouchers and a Dell Laptop.

We'll also have loads of different content going on the Blue- http://news.o2.co.uk/ Including a quiz on what type of volunteer you could be for the Blood Bikers which is fun.

The day is all about raising awareness for this service and hopefully driving up new volunteers too. If you're interested do follow @O2Businessuk throughout the day of course check out our press release here

Brad

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122890 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

A really excellent cause to support @Anonymous Having worked in the NHS all my life I can't express how reliant we were on this service. As you say, very few people realise they even exist. They also transfer important medication from one hospital to another if supplies run out. Real life savers

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 13

jonsie
  • 93213 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6969 Solutions

A very much unpublicised service which is vital to so may of us. It's great that O2 support this service and such a shame that these volunteers don't get the praise and recognition they deserve.

Message 3 of 13

Cleoriff
  • 122890 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

We didn't call them the Blood Bikers in my day though. They were an 'unofficial' group of staff who worked for the Path Lab or Ambulance service and rode motor bikes and were willing to provide this service on a rota basis. (They did it in London. We wanted it in Coventry) We called them the Emergency MB team ...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 13

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

We didn't call them the Blood Bikers in my day though. They were an 'unofficial' group of staff who worked for the Path Lab or Ambulance service and rode motor bikes and were willing to provide this service on a rota basis. (They did it in London. We wanted it in Coventry) We called them the Emergency MB team ...

It was a similar setup for my mum's ambulance service when she was (up until recently) a paramedic. The service has become its own entity, and rightly so I think @Cleoriff

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 5 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hey Guys,

We have the quiz live now where you can see what type of volunteer you should go for: http://news.o2.co.uk/2015/08/14/bloodbikeday-quiz/

Take part and share your results with #BloodBikeDay on twitter. All your support really counts and can help make a difference!

Brad
Message 6 of 13

Cleoriff
  • 122890 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Did the quiz and apparently I am best suited to be a Shift Co-ordinator. Absolutely spot on...Happy Dance

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff wrote:

Did the quiz and apparently I am best suited to be a Shift Co-ordinator. Absolutely spot on...Happy Dance

Nice one! Volunteer, you guys are dedicated to us and we're sure the Blood Bikers need that level of dedication too! 

Message 8 of 13

jonsie
  • 93213 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6969 Solutions

Seems I'm best suited to be a driver/rider....must be the experience of driving a motorbike round the craziness of Bangkok Smiley LOL

Message 9 of 13

Cleoriff
  • 122890 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

Seems I'm best suited to be a driver/rider....must be the experience of driving a motorbike round the craziness of Bangkok Smiley LOL

I will be coordinating your shifts then....Right 7am to 7pm will do for you....Happy Dance

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 13