Did you mean: 

BQ X5 with Cyanogen OS - Coming soon!

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

Hey all,

The newly announced BQ Aquaris X5 is coming soon, exclusively to O2. BQ produces the third best selling smartphone in Spain & Portugal, and when you consider the devices that are sold in those territories, it's clear that BQ know how to make a phone, and the X5 is certainly a looker.

The X5 features a five inch screen, Qualcomm Snapdragon™ processor, 2GB of RAM and 16GB of internal memory with room to expand through an SD card. It also packs a pair of powerful cameras with a 13MP unit on the back and a 5MP selfie camera on the front.

What really makes the X5 stand out from the crowd is that it's running Cyanogen OS, a modified and customised version of Android that gives you more control and features. If you like the sound of that, you can find out more about Cyanogen OS here > https://cyngn.com/cyanogen-os

Liking the looks/sounds of this one? Want to know everything about it and when it'll go on sale? Make sure you register your interest here > https://www.o2.co.uk/getupdates

You can find our full press release here > http://news.o2.co.uk/?press-release=o2-to-launch-bq-x5-its-first-cyanogen-os-device

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 1 of 43
42 REPLIES 42

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
"Discussing" rooting is against the rules......
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 21 of 43

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi guys, 

Many thanks for raising your concerns around this. 

We will be discussing this today and whenever we have a final decision we will share it with you.

For the moment guideline 10 can still be applied on the community so if there's anything you want to share around this topic please PM us and we will take it into consideration for our discussion.

Message 22 of 43

jonsie
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions
Message 23 of 43

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

@MI5 wrote:
"Discussing" rooting is against the rules......

Told you.....

?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 24 of 43

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi guys. Here is some info on how the phone is set up, as well as some info on how rooting discussion will not really change:

• The X5 will have a locked bootloader like any other handset
  • Installing non-X5 software/updates (eg, a different ROM) will void the warranty like any other handset
  • CyanogenOS which comes pre-installed (instead of normal Android) has much more customisation, personalisation and control optionsbuilt-in. Some of these could be available to other Android users after rooting and modifying a device (which we still don’t allow discussion of), but they are available out-of-the-box with the X5 

I hope this clears things up!

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 25 of 43

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

Hey all, as this phone has seen some interest and there may be some looking forward to its release, I wanted to share some news.

Unfortunately the launch has been delayed, but thankfully not by much. Instead of launching this month, we're now expecting launch in January. We'll keep you posted!

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 26 of 43

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi - this phone sounds perfect for me - Cyanogen OS should be fast and customisable from what I hear, without the bugs that sometimes come from using Cyanogenmod OS on my current phone. Also 5" screen / 1080p sounds just right and not too power hungry! The only doubt I have is the mid range processor - will it be fast enough? Only way to find out is to try it slight_smile So......... any news on when it will be in stores in the UK?

Message 27 of 43

jonsie
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

It seems to have been coming soon for a long time so maybe one of the admin can find out just when it will hit the store? 

Message 28 of 43

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
The processor will be fine with CM.

Currently using:
Message 29 of 43

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi guys, we’re still expecting a January launch, if anything changes we will let you know here in the Community. Remember to register on the page for the latest updates  

Message 30 of 43