cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4G Text Campaign

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Guys,

Just to confirm that we’re contacting our customers who currently have 4G ready phones as we're giving them access to 4G for nothing!

All the details on this are here http://go.o2.co.uk/got4G

Only those who currently have a 4G phone but are on 3G plans can take advantage of this offer.

The messages you may receive about this will vary depending on whether you’re currently in an area that supports 4G or not. We’ll grant all customers who own a 4G ready phone access to this offer so you’re good and ready when 4G comes to your town.

We want as many people enjoying 4G as we can, at the moment our 4G could cover 17 million people in the UK!

This is part of our 2014 4G master plan, if you have any questions or thoughts- Let us know!

If you are one of the 600,000 customers who will enjoy free 4G, please do share some speed tests with the community too!

Thanks

Brad

Message 1 of 269
268 REPLIES 268

Anonymous
Not applicable

Do I have to have had the phone from O2 at the same time as upgrading my contract? When I upgraded last year I got a iPhone 5 at the same time (obvs not 4G)

I'm on a 3G tariff with 2 gigs of data a month but I purchased my 5s sim free and just put the existing sim from my old i5 straight into it.

Haven't had any text from O2 saying anything...

Message 81 of 269

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Do I have to have had the phone from O2 at the same time as upgrading my contract? When I upgraded last year I got a iPhone 5 at the same time (obvs not 4G)

I'm on a 3G tariff with 2 gigs of data a month but I purchased my 5s sim free and just put the existing sim from my old i5 straight into it.

Haven't had any text from O2 saying anything...

Hi,

O2 are not really interested in what phone your currently using as long as your paying the bill on time.

All your info / contract details etc is on the sim card not the iPhone.

Are you in a 4G area ?

You will get a text from o2.

In the meantime go into Settings > Mobile > Toggle on Enable 4G {if the toggle is their yet}

You may also get a carrier update ref this.

Carrier Update Link : http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1970

This is from Brad's initial post link.

"You've told me you're giving 4G access at no extra cost. What do I do next? 

Don't worry. We'll help you along the way. The text message we sent you says the date when your 4G bolt-on will be added. Once your Bolt On is active, visit our set up assistant

What is a Bolt On?

Bolt Ons are extras you can add to your account and pay for them monthly at the same time. They can range from buying 50 picture messages to discounted international calls. 

You can see our range of Bolt Ons here

Don't forget - we are giving you this bolt on at no extra cost to you.

Message 82 of 269

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Thank you, yes I'm in a 4G area according to their postcode checker.

I'll wait and see if I get a text at some point.

Message 83 of 269

Anonymous
Not applicable

Morning @Anonymous 

You're welcome.

Do you have the 4G toggle in your settings ?

Message 84 of 269

Anonymous
Not applicable

Enable 4G toggle?

I do actually but have never moved the slider to 'on'

Message 85 of 269

Anonymous
Not applicable
It won't harm sliding the toggle to on.

Then your all set.
Message 86 of 269

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

How would you expect to receive a 4G signal if you don't have it switched on?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 87 of 269

Anonymous
Not applicable
Do we have to ring up to get the bolt on added on a non 4g phone what I mean is when I bought my note 3 I passed my s4 to my dad so as far as O2 are concerned he is running a iphone4s so I assume he won't get the text automatically?
Message 88 of 269

Anonymous
Not applicable
I think if you go through the set up process which then shows you as with a 4g phone and 4g sim card this triggers the text or if he looks in his myo2 it should say what phone he is using.

If it's not correct them it's easy to change via my02.
Message 89 of 269

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok Cheers Bob
Message 90 of 269