cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why my credit is being taken when I'm on £10 O2 big bundle ?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I just changed my tariff from o2 fav place/postcode to:

£10 Big Bundle tariff includes 100 minutes, 1000 texts and 500MB of 2G/3G data in the UK for £10 a month

After I  have sent my 1st text message I got pop up note showing me that  charge for that text has been taken out of my 10 quid ..i sent another text and money taken again.

Shouldn't i retain my 10 credit until i use all my free tariff allowance? 

Or maybe this is normal for that 10 quid credit to be used.....but then 10 quid would not cover the whole tariff allowance.

Can someone please explain how does it works?

When my credit should start to be spent? I always thought that It would be left untouched until tariff expires.

By the way i only use wifi. My data is always switched off.

Message 1 of 12
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
  • 122371 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

With Big Bundle, they take the credit immediately but the credit is there to use for a month till your next anniversary date

"When we take the first month's payment for your Big Bundle, you will receive your inclusive monthly allowances which will be valid up until midnight of the day before your monthly anniversary date which will be one calendar month later. When your monthly anniversary date arrives, we will attempt to take the next month's payment, and if successful, you will receive your new inclusive monthly allowances"

http://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/mobile/big-bundles-terms-and-conditions.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
The big bundle takes the credit for the allowances that month but they don't roll over so you need to top up each month.

If you want to retain your credit & have no inclusive allowances then you need to change your tariff to big talker

http://www.o2.co.uk/tariffs/payandgo
Message 2 of 12

Cleoriff
  • 122371 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

With Big Bundle, they take the credit immediately but the credit is there to use for a month till your next anniversary date

"When we take the first month's payment for your Big Bundle, you will receive your inclusive monthly allowances which will be valid up until midnight of the day before your monthly anniversary date which will be one calendar month later. When your monthly anniversary date arrives, we will attempt to take the next month's payment, and if successful, you will receive your new inclusive monthly allowances"

http://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/mobile/big-bundles-terms-and-conditions.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 12

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
It sounds to me like your big bundle tariff is not active because if it was and your £10 would have gone (as stated above).
This is likely something to do with you not reaching your anniversary date yet which you can check in your My O2 or by calling CS on 4445.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 12

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

Why are there so many threads relating to this same subject? Pay & Go should be simple and straigtforward. Either people taking these tariffs are not having them explained to them properly, or they're not worded well on the O2 site. It shouldn't be this confusing.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

When you changed to the £10 Big Bundle, bet they didnt tell you to wait till 7/5 and get double the minutes, more data and texts for the same price. 

My wife got a text about it so we phoned to move her onto new deal but agent didnt know anything about it so have to call back after 7/5 as if we changed then would not get the new deal benefits

Message 6 of 12

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@Bambino wrote:

Why are there so many threads relating to this same subject? Pay & Go should be simple and straigtforward. Either people taking these tariffs are not having them explained to them properly, or they're not worded well on the O2 site. It shouldn't be this confusing.

It is all explained in the sim pack that is provided complete with text short codes to change to a different tariff. Maybe more a case of people not reading and understanding the information provided?

Message 7 of 12

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

Thanks for the explanation @jonsie You're probably right, but there seems to be at least one thread a day related to someone being confused about the tariff they're on. Having never been on P&G I didn't know that.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 8 of 12

Cleoriff
  • 122371 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Having been on PAYG over 2 years ago it was straightforward. You topped up, then could watch your credit go down as and when it was used. That way ..it seemed quite simple...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 12

MI5
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
The confusion is because some people "assume" that they will retain their credit and get an allowance, which is the case for some PAYG tariffs but not for others.
The key factor is to research and understand what you are buying as every network has a mixture of different PAYG tariffs, so there isn't one rule that fits all.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 10 of 12