cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unlatching

Anonymous
Not applicable

Why are O2 taking over three weeks to unlatch my phone?  Has anyone else having the same problem?

Message 1 of 11
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
It should be a lot quicker than that I would give them a call and ask what's going on

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144145 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
It doesn't normally take that long. Did you fill out the request form or go via chat?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
It should be a lot quicker than that I would give them a call and ask what's going on
Message 3 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

I unlatched my phone with o2s help so I can use a pay as you go three sim when abroad (cheaper 'feel at home' calls) as well as continuing to use my o2 pay as you go sim in the uk. But it wont work and three said the sim is fine and to ask o2. My o2 sim still works in the phone.

I unlatched nearly two weeks ago and the three sim receives texts but wont let me make calls.  I have tried asking o2 for advice over the live chat but they have switched me off the live chat twice today when I asked the question, .... suddenly they disappeared. As I was a pay monthly customer of theirs for 15 years its a bit rude. 

It seems a daft question but do I need to 'unlock' it as well?

Message 4 of 11

MI5
  • 144145 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
Unlatching and unlocking is the same thing.
If you can send texts off the Three sim it means it is unlocked so it must be an issue with the Three account as far as making calls is concerned.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for reply, I can't send texts on the HTC but several have arrived from three..

Three said their sim was fine as one of the store staff tried it in his phone. I have just used it successfully in another unlocked old phone, so guess its the HTC desire thats the problem, its not unlatching properly. I have sent an email off to O2 to ask for more help.

Message 6 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh no, this useless reply has come back from o2 and as I have said the chat service says hello to me, and how can they help, then when I present my question they disappear!!!!.

Hello, Thanks for your email, but we have now shut down our email support service. Don't worry though, for instant help speak to us on Live Chat, where we'll try to solve your issue straight away.

Well that has not worked for me today I am still a customer of theirs as I have an o2 pay as you go sim but maybe now I'm not paying monthly I don't get the service from them that I would normally expect.

Message 7 of 11

MI5
  • 144145 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
I would try a factory reset on your HTC - I've never heard of "half an unlock" so something strange going on here.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 11

MI5
  • 144145 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
O2 have shut down the email service as a point of CS contact.
You are better off calling either 202 for contract or 4445 for PAYG.

Currently using:
Message 9 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks a factory reset is probably a good idea. I have tried the chat line again and it worked and they were very helpful. Their advice is to go into a store and ask them to try both sims in the phone. They do not know what the matter is and it could be the phone which is why I may try your suggestion of a factory reset first.

Message 10 of 11