cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

transferring to a new phone on upgrade

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am completely stumped trying to transfer from my old phone to the new;  I can't see the answer on any of the help pages, probably because it is so obvious no one has ever needed help! My 2 year contract on an O2 iphone 5 has expired and i have signed up for another pay monthly contract and received an iphone 6.  I have set up the new phone and all my contacts and emails have appeared on it and the wi-fi works fine, but I have 'no service' re the mobile network.  My old iphone 5 still makes calls and shows I am on the o2 3g network.  How do I transfer this to the new phone?  Any replies would be gratefully received - I am not very good with these technical things and want to start using the new phone!

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Follow this here mate http://swapmysim.o2.co.uk/
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 8

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

Sim swap needed. If you have problems with the link text swap to 20220 from the old sim.

Message 3 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am the same. New 6, old 3 and although ive followed instructions it doesnt work so im left with my old 3!!!!!!!! Nothing new there then with O2 Not contactable, no responses, no customer satisfaction. O2 are you listening?

Message 4 of 8

Cleoriff
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous Have you done the sim swap? http://swapmysim.o2.co.uk/

If you have problems with the link text swap to 20220 from the old sim. (as said above)

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 8

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I am the same. New 6, old 3 and although ive followed instructions it doesnt work so im left with my old 3!!!!!!!! Nothing new there then with O2 Not contactable, no responses, no customer satisfaction. O2 are you listening?

No o2 aren't listening. 

It's just us customers here like yourself. 

Tell us exactly what you have done do far and what isn't working and we'll help you. 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 8

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

If you are really struggling you can go to your nearest O2 store who will do the sim swap for you.

Message 7 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi guys! How are you getting on with the sim swap @Anonymous-_ Hey @Anonymous can you explain us a bit more what's exactly the problem. I'm sure if you give us some more information the community members will be able to help you.
Message 8 of 8