cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

top up by debit

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm unable to top up via debit card? It simply says error, do you know the solution to my problem?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

Are you using a Uk Bank Debit Card ?

I assume you have adequate funds.

Speak to your Bank to ensure no type of block has been placed on your bank account.

If all is ok at your Banks end and its still not letting you use your Debit card then contact O2 Customer Service on 4445 to speak to an agent.

Other points of contact to O2 http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
Message 2 of 5

Cleoriff
  • 122800 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Hi

Obvious question probably but have you actually registered the card for top up? Unless you have, you will get an error message.

A year or so ago when I was on payg I used two cards for topping up. O2 at that time would only accept a maximum of two per account. Each card had to be registered before top up was allowed ...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144147 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
Also check the card type as I don't think Maestro cards are permitted any more either......
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 5

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93174 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6966 Solutions

Also check the card registered address matches exactly your home address. Sometimes the bank have the postcode or a flat number incorrect and O2's system will recognise that.

Message 5 of 5