O2 Community

Get help, share tips and chat

Pay Monthly and Pay & Go

Level 1: Joiner
mandy2312
Accepted Solution

sim not provisioned mm #2

Hello

I just upgraded my phone and I had to order a replacement sim at the same time. I've put the new sim in the phone (sony xperia) and it's given me the message 'sim not provisioned mm #2' and I can only make emergency calls.

I can't do the sim swap as I don't have the old sim card. What is the best thing for me to do?

Please use plain text.
Level 25: Hard Hitter
steersy

Re: sim not provisioned mm #2

Its a phone call into customer services I think, having never had to do a sim swap I do not no what info you need to input for the online sim swap.

My Opinions are my own but if you do not like them it is because I am telling you the way it is.
Please use plain text.
steersy

From reading it you do not need the old sim.

http://swapmysim.o2.co.uk/

My Opinions are my own but if you do not like them it is because I am telling you the way it is.
Please use plain text.
stuart1983
Kudos: 214
Solutions: 189

Go to live chat, contact us at bottom of page click live chat or pop into your local store & they will do the sim swap, they don't need your actual sim, just your mobile number

iphone 4 16gb o2 unlimited, iPad 2 16gb wifi only
Please use plain text.
steersy

LIve chat closes at 11pm.

Please use plain text.
Level 44: Clearly Talented
Liquid

You'll need the old sim to recieve the confirmation txt. Just to confirm its you and not some idiot.
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told :smileywink:
Please use plain text.