O2 Community

Get help, share tips and chat

Pay Monthly and Pay & Go

Level 1: Joiner
xprincesstania

show balance

please please help!!!! ive phoned o2 twice and no help! everytime i dial the "show balance" in my phonebook i call it and it says "system failure" can someone help me fix this or o2 can you fix it as its annoying now! i dont want to get a new sim, new number as i dont want to lose my tariff or number! please fix this
Please use plain text.
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
prking

show balance

Very strange. I've not seen this before. Normally if there is a problem, you get either 'No Response' or 'This service is not available'.
Can you see your balance by any of the other methods eg My O2 on your phone? How long has it been going on? Does it work if you put your SIM in a friend's phone?
By the way, if you did need a new SIM O2 would put your number, tariff and everything onto it.
No - there isn't an app for it.
Please use plain text.
xprincesstania

show balance

yeah i thought the same its very strange. i did try and put the sim into my partners phone, but his is locked to t-mobile so didnt work. i spoke to o2 again today on the phone, and was said that could either be a faulty sim or my phone, so hes sent me a new sim and im going to see if its that.
Please use plain text.
Level 2: Apprentice
pinus

show balance

Do you mean using *#10# ? Most of the time that fails for me (with error message Failed). I've set up a speed dial to 4444,,,2,1 to get my balance.
Please use plain text.
xprincesstania

show balance

yeah but its never done this to me, and ive been an o2 customer for years and years. so i just want to get it sorted as i use that alot. saying system failure though that is strange
Please use plain text.
Ask a Question
Welcome