Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

removing auto top up

Llian
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, I am currently on a pay monthly contract but prior to this contact on was a pay as you go customer and had set up auto top ups. I now get a text message each month saying my auto top up was not a success but I have not found a way to remove the auto top up attempts. When trying to access the auto top up area I simply get the message

"If you’re on Pay & Go you can top up your mobile automatically. But you’re on Pay Monthly, so we can’t send you through to our auto top-up site to set it up.

To see how Pay & Go could work for you, or to order a free sim, go to O2.co.uk/hello.  "

Does anyone know how to cancel these auto top up attempts?

Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
You need O2 to switch off the auto top ups on their systems. Best way to do this would be to ring them on 202 and ask to speak to the pay and go team.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

As you're now a Pay Monthly customer you can call Customer Service on 202 from your mobile for free and ask if they can sort it out for you.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Llian and welcome to the forum.

Right now it's rather difficult to get through to Customer Services as reported recently by other members due to various product launches.

Online Live Chat may be faster http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
Message 3 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
You need O2 to switch off the auto top ups on their systems. Best way to do this would be to ring them on 202 and ask to speak to the pay and go team.
Message 4 of 9

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

Live Chat are generally useless when it comes to changes to accounts. They're outsourced and only good for very low level enquiries. If you can, try calling 202 during an off peak time.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Calling CS on your mobile assumes you have a signal and that your phone is working. Maybe you want to cancel auto top up to prevent unnecessary credit being added to your rubbish service? It's difficult to get a straight answer to this question apparently.
Message 6 of 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144185 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Calling CS on your mobile assumes you have a signal and that your phone is working. Maybe you want to cancel auto top up to prevent unnecessary credit being added to your rubbish service? It's difficult to get a straight answer to this question apparently.

You have been provided with a number to call from a landline on your own post on this subject.

Taking advice given will get you further than posting multiple times on here my friend.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

As I said on your other thread http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Cancelling-auto-top-up/m-p/940872#M106426 it should be able to be done via this route.https://autotopup.o2.co.uk/o2uk/FAQ.aspx

The fact you can't do it proves there is an error. Sadly there lots of issues with the payment systems at present. Many people are complaining. Sorry it isn't what you want to hear but we are assured the payment team are looking at the problems. I hope it is sorted soon

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks everyone.

It's so frustating when things dont work as they should or as per 'Help'. I hope they fix this because it would be handy to turn off and on as required.  Not happy with CS - service made worse by the fact that mobile reception got so bad where I live I cant even make a call to them free, or even send a Text - depending on the weather. I shouldn't need a repeater as I'm in a reasonably well served town and it used to be OK. The online map shows I should have a good signal.

Sorry - I'm on a short fuse these days after a serious NHS medical negligence issue I had when people just dont want to give  a staight answer to anything, and beat around the bush about the mistakes they made  (but that's a different forum...).  Grrrrr!

Message 9 of 9