cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

receiving calls from my UK sim when overseas

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

I have two mobile phones. An iPhone 5 and an older Nokia C7. When in the UK I have a uk sim in my iphone. I go to Northern Cyprus (The Turkish side) regular. As my iphone 5 was first set up there using my KCell Turkish number, then, whenever I'm back  here I put my KCell Turkish sim back into my IPhone and swop my English sim and put it into the Nokia C7. I use the C7 only for any incoming calls on my UK number, it's essential I can be contacted from my UK number

This time when I put my English sim into my Nokia C7 it woudn't activate. it showed a message "Offline"

I can't get it to connect, I fear I may have damaged the UK sim in the swop over?. Is there such a service to divert calls, where anyone that calls my UK number will be directed/diverted to my Turkish KCell number.

Thanks

KD 

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143448 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
No you can't divert to an international number.
Only another UK number and only then if it is a contract. Not possible at all on PAYG.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

jonsie
  • 92928 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

You can divert calls on monthly contract though I'm not sure if you can divert to an international number. Does the sim work when you put it back in the iphone?

If contract you can download TuGo to receive calls over wifi but you need the UK sim to receive a sms code. But you can use TuGo alongside your Turkish sim. My contract phone over here is with DTAC so my O2 sim just sits in the drawer and friends and family contact me via TuGo.

Message 2 of 3

MI5
  • 143448 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
No you can't divert to an international number.
Only another UK number and only then if it is a contract. Not possible at all on PAYG.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 3